Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/160/140

Height: 5'7

Default Hi Folks!!

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself cause I think that having some connections out there will really help me on my journey!

I am currently at about 163 pounds...this number has been creeping up over the last year or so and ideally, I would like to be at about 140 lbs, which I think would be a healthy weight for me...

I am not sure what my problem is, I know exactly what I have to do in order to lose weight, but I just don't seem to have the drive and motivation to follow through. I hope that with your support I will be able to get back the motivation I had a couple of years ago, when I was happy and healthy, eating well and working out 5-6 days a week. I know I have it in me, I just seem to have misplaced it somewhere

I am looking forward to getting to know some on you and hopefully we can work together to meet our goals

Thanks so much,

Beth
Beth in NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

getting the motivation is hard you just need to take the leap and get started! you can do it!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

from another Nova Scotian (Pictou for me). So glad you found us, Chickie. This is a wonderful place for lots of support and encouragement as you travel the sometimes long and bumpy road to better health and fitness.

We have a pretty active Crazy Canuk's Cluck Club on the go over here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141257 . . . hope you'll come over and chat with us from time to time. We'll all be looking forward to getting to know you better.

You might also be interested in the Featherweights Forum over here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Anyway, have a good look around this great big site and just start posting whenever something catches your eye -- you will always receive a warm welcome from everyone you bump into.

Hope to see you soon . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #4  

Thanks so much for the lovely welcome. Looking forward to it!!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/155/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello

Hi Beth,

I too am having the same problem! weight has been creeping on lately (about 15lbs) I lost weight before through eating healthy/small poritions & working out for about an hour a day, mostly cardio to burn calories. I have a serious love affair with carbs/sugar which I am blaming for the shock I got from the scale this weekend. I have decided to get my bum back in gear. Since we have similar weight goals, let me know if you want to chat about any ideas. I am debating trying the extreme fat smash diet.

--ashley
followyourBLISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #6  

Hi Ashley,

I would love to keep in touch with you as to our progress and share useful tips, info, etc. My first question: what is the extreme fat smash diet???

I am planning on loosing the weight by eating healthy natural organic foods in small portions and being active an hour a day, so yes, we have very similar weight goals and tactics. My problem is, while I am very good about eating good most of the time, there is always an occasion to eat to extreme and I seem to be doing this more and more. Old friends in town, girls night, hockey games, baby showers, weddings....the list goes on and on! And I keep thinking, oh well, it is a special occasion...but those occasions are never-ending!!

Anyway, I really hope that by working with all the great people on this forum, i will get back the motivation I need to be happy and healthy!

Thanks Ashley!

Beth
Old 06-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/155/115

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Hi again,

The Fat Smash Diet, is a diet/lifestyle change put together by Dr.Ian Smith, he is the diet guru on Celebrity Fit Club. There is an entire board dedicated to it under diets. It is basically, small portions, lots of lean protein & brown rice, vegetables, fruit. And lots of exercise. All in all, it seems healthy but, I am leary because I am not the best for following a "diet plan".

I feel your pain about the events getting in the way of weight loss effots! It is very hard to stay on track at weddings & all those fun filled summer things. I have a hard time picking the vegetable platter over chips, fries.. etc. The only advice I have about those things is, when you know you are going to be eating a lot later in the day, try to eat less/ more healthy earlier in the day. If I know I am going out to dinner, I will try to eat egg whites/toast for breakfast & a salad for lunch, so I dont have to order the plain chicken while everyone else is having something delicious. That worked for me in the past.

this seems like a good site, hopefully it can help motivate us!
followyourBLISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #8  

Thanks for the info, i am gonna look into it more and see if I think it will work for me.