Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/228/145

Height: 5'1"

Smile Introducing myself :)

Good morning,

I'm brand new here, but I'm unfortunately not new to dieting and attempting to lose weight.

I had managed up until last year to keep my weight at around 170-175 lbs (I'm muscular and have a bigger frame than average for a woman my height and I do some bodybuilding), and although I had a challenging time getting lower than 170 lbs, I was maintaining fairly well at that level.

Then, I don't know if it's because for the past year I've been getting more and more peri-menopausal problems (hot flashes, delayed periods every month, extreme moodiness/hormonal fluctuations), I've started gaining weight steadily for the past year and I'm now at 228 lbs

I know how to cook healthy and I know that I haven't paid as much attention to this as I should have, and I'm not exercising enough either (I sit a lot, and don't move enough) so the cumulation of all this has resulted in me really gaining a lot of weight for a 5'1" gal.

I'm turning 43 this summer, and I would like to lose the excess weight that I gained in the past year at least, by next summer. It's hard to carry all this excess weight around, and it's obviously not healthy for me to keep this weight around, so my goal is to making time for myself, daily (I tend to put myself on the backburner and tend to everybody else's needs first), to exercise and cook healthier meals and cut out the junk food snacking.

I have health issues with asthma/a lot of environmental allergies, so exercising regularly (if I'm having a bad allergy day and can't breathe and can't stop sneezing, it's just impossible to workout - I have allergy meds, shots don't work on me, but the meds, no matter which brand I take, knock me out and put me to sleep, so most days I either can't breathe or I'm knocked out sleeping like a baby LOL).

Just looking for some support to help me truck-along and I think the great people on this wonderful board will be a great help

I look forward to chatting with all of you and sharing some of my own tips learned over the years!

Onward we move!
Miss Trixie
MissTrixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

from a fellow Canuk . . . glad you found us. You've come to a great place for lots of support. We are all here for you, chickie.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

Welcome and great good luck to you!!

Getting out of the habit of fast food and discovering tasty, healthy but still pretty easy to prepare recipes for meals and developing the habit of preparing them regularly is a tall order. It's definitely one i need to add to my list of new habits i need to develop in order to succeed at this endeavor of unhealthy weight lost and good health gained. I still have a lot of the forums to explore and i hope i find a discussion where people post their simple tasty & healthy recipes. I guess if i don't find one i'll need to start one...

I sometimes get so discouraged with the magnitude of what i'm wanting to do. But as i've been learning with our puppy-who is almost 11 months and has grown a lot in her obedience level-it just takes time and patience and sticking with it. It seems to be a US thing maybe to expect immediate results. Heck nothing worthwhile ever happened overnite. Why is it that i expect this weight loss thing to be any different.

OOps sorry for hijacking your intro. Maybe we'll be able to help each other out a bit.

Nice to "meet" you.
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/228/145

Height: 5'1"

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome! I appreciate it a lot

Going to wind-down for the night and start with some exercise tomorrow morning.

Cheers!
Miss Trixie
MissTrixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:03 AM   #6  

welcome
ohtempus is offline   Reply With Quote