Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Default I need to recover!

Hi everyone, I'm Samantha (or just Sam). This is my story:

I am 16 years old, and about to graduate from high school.

When I was 14, I weighed 160 pounds so I decided to lose weight to get to 120.

I lost about 20 pounds. By Christmas 2006, I weighed 140 and was feeling a bit more confident.

Then...I don't know what happened. This creepy state of mind came out of nowhere and since then, I have never eaten like a normal person. 2007 was a terrible year for me because I was screwed up mentally.

I would either starve myself for several days and then binge, or binge and then starve myself for several days. This went on for months! And I made myself throw up sometimes. (When no one else was home.)

At the beginning of 2008 I resolved to get healthy again, but my mind just wouldn't let me. This creepy part of me was always trying to convince me what to eat, or not to eat (never healthy or reasonable...either I eat way too much, or not at all.) Since this is about weight loss, I'll try to stay on topic and won't go into the other problems I started having, you get the idea.

Today my friends have commented yet again on my strange eating habits. See, At school I usually don't eat much (when I get home it's a different story). So it's kind of a joke among us that I have an eating disorder. Yeah, they're pretty clueless. although I do like them, they never realised anything's wrong because my weight has stayed the same and I can usually attribute not eating to my lack of sleep. but anyway, where was I.

Yeah, today I realised: I need to stop this stupid cycle that I got stuck into 18 months ago. It's pretty obvious I'm not going anywhere like this. I should just do what actually WORKED for me in the past.

I just did the calculations. If I lose 1.5 pounds a week, I'll be at my goal weight by the time I enter college in August. I mean, I think my problems lie deeper than just my weight, but I still have to start being healthy.

I will definitely need this site for support, So I'll visit at least once a day. Warning: I tend to lurk a lot.

On a lighter note, can anyone tell me where on this site I can make a ticker for myself? *big noob*

Sorry for talking about myself so much.
For now...I try to sleep.

Last edited by Mongoose; 05-12-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there SAM . . . . . . so glad that you found us and definitely hope that we will be able to help with your trip down the road to better health and fitness.

Please have a look at the Chicks in Control Forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64 . . . I think you'll find some great advice over there from others that have been (and still are) right there with you in your struggle to gain control over questionable eating habits.

There is also a Teen Thread in the Support Groups Forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118949 . . . and I know you'd also be welcomed in the 20-somethings group . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56 . . . there are definitely other teens positing in there on a regular basis.

Good luck on the journey, and please remember that we are all here for you.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Mongoose and Explore and start posting where you feel comfy. I definitely recommend the Chicks In Control part of the forum. Just click on this link. You'll find lots of info and support there from others who have a problem similar to yours.

As to tickers, when you have been here 30 days and made 30 posts, you will be able to get your weightloss ticker. For now, I'd focus on getting you started on recovery.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Meowee and I are on the same wavelength!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #6  
Trying to lose weight

S/C/G: 301/298/120

Height: 5'3 and 3/4's

Hi Mongoose! I'm a newbie too and I totally understand how you feel. When I was in high school, I went through the same "weird phase". Its good that you noticed that it's not healthy and that you're doing something about it. Thats very mature and it's totally nurturing yourself.
kjoyiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks so much, everyone!
The Chicks in Control forum is just what I need.
First day's going well so far.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote