Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/229/130

Height: 5.4"

Red face i'm really nervous! how do i do this?

i have never join a community like this before. i don't know if anyone really wants to talk to me or if anyone really cares about getting to know me at all. all i do know is that i am sick and tired of being my size and i need help staying motivated to reach any kind of goal weight. i weigh about 235 lbs right now and i have been restricting calorie intake for about 3 weeks now. i started at 244 lbs. i binged yesterday, probably over 2000 calories. i stopped counting around 1500. i have trouble stopping a binge pattern once i have started one. one day usually leads to months of binging. can anyone help me avoid this cycle?
t ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #2  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 121.1/101/72 (kg)

Height: 5'7˝"

Welcome,

There’s no need to be nervous. Everyone here is extremely friendly and helpful. Take your time to look around and when you’re comfortable, feel free to jump straight into the conversation. You might want to check out the Calorie Counters & Chicks in Control forums to start with.
SundayMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

you need to pick a plan to work! Weight watchers, or what ever! There are plenty to choose from and several forums here that you can find info on them and more importantly SUPPORT!!! Find a program you can stick to so it will work for you and start moving!! get in some exercicse it will make you feel so much better, and for me it helps me from "binging" when i feel the urge I take a walk or some other exercies to fit off the demon! LOL I personally do Weight watchers and LOVE it! I lost 65 pounds a few years ago, ended up gaining it back due to some medical/health issues that were beyond my control. YOU CAN DO IT! YOU ARE WORTH IT!! Good luck!!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Glad to have you! Don't be nervous, jsut take it one day at a time and before you know it the weight will be coming off. Be sure to hang around and post often as this group is the best for support & motivation.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

This is definitely a place where you are welcome. And with so many members, I'm sure a few will want to get to know you. Have a look around and see if there are others that you mesh with.

We are all here to give and get support. It's like being home
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Take your time. Look around in different areas. Post where you're comfortable. Meet some great people. That's how this works!

Definitely check out the Chicks in Control as Sunday pointed out.

Best of success! You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/229/130

Height: 5.4"

thank you for responding. i know i can do this because i have done it before. unfortunately, here i am again. i will navigate around the site and try a few forums.
thanks again!
t ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 277/272.6/200

Height: 5'3"

i know what you mean can't seem to stay on track ,start out good in the morning then i fall off , i have spent my entire life yo yo-ing with weight it is so discouraging , i wish i could find the majic answer
janet33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

*sigh* If there *were* a magic answer, someone would be selling it -- there isn't, so people sell fakes. But you CAN do it! I like the suggestion of going for a walk (touch your toes, just do something!) when you get the urge. And after you "break" that impulse a few times, it gets a little easier. (It seems to, anyway. I've learned what some of my "eating triggers" are so that I can not do the kneejerk-reaction-reach-for-food thing.)

We're all in this together, and we all want ALL of us to succeed!
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #10  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

to the site, Chickie . . . if there was a magic pill . . . none of us would even be here; because we'd all be at our most perfect goal weight already . . . just think of all the fun we'd miss around here.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 149/140.5/128

Height: 5'2.5"

Welcome!

Just hang in there, and start each day anew. You'll get there!

"The road you are on determines your destination."
4GVN is offline   Reply With Quote