Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:04 AM   #1  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

Default hi

hi,
i'm an irish girl living in the uk, i've been overweight ever since i was a kid (with an interval age 17-20 when i got to 112 lbs by semi-starving myself). the most i'd ever been before then was 144 lbs but since then i've gone up to my highest ever, 197 lbs as of yesterday. i've made several weight-loss attempts since getting a scales and seeing i was 192 lbs almost a year ago but i always fall back into bad habits.
anyway my first goal is to get out of the 'obese' category on the BMI chart which means 178 lbs. i'd like to do it by the start of may because i'm going to work in france for a couple of months then, and i'll be meeting new people and i'm really self-conscious about how i look.
my plan is to avoid alcohol (i eat pretty healthily but drink a **** of a lot even though i know how high-calorie booze is), try not to eat after 6 or 7 in the evening, and exercise (jogging/cycling) at least 3 times a week (i know that's kind of lame but it's a start).
another reason i want to lose weight/stop drinking is that i suffer from hypertension, at the age of 24, which i found/find pretty shocking and scary. especially as hypertension + obese + smoker + family history of heart problems = very bad.
so i've rambled on a bit but all this stuff is obviously on my mind a lot...anyway i'm 192 this morning (and i even went for a gruelling 15 minute jog!)...so 14 lbs to go

it's really inspiring to see the progress that everyone here is making and i hope i can join you all in helping each other to reach our goals.

Last edited by froggie83; 04-09-2008 at 04:06 AM.
froggie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there &

You've got some good goals to start with, and there's nothing lame about exercising 3 times a week. Make sure to take a good look around, you might like the UK Chicks section. Post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!

Three times a week is great! You're making some good choices, and I'm sure you'll succeed if you continue putting your heart into it. Best wishes!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to 3FC. There's lots of info and support here.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #5  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

thanks for the welcome!
three times a week will be good if i actually do it! i'm self-conscious about jogging in public (the first few times i went out i went really early in the morning and would drop to a walk if any cars went by cos i'm paranoid that people will gawk at that girl puffing and jiggling along the pavement) but i had a brainwave last night and realised i can go jogging in the graveyard just over our back wall when there aren't many people there or even climb over in the morning or evening when the gates are shut and huff and puff away.
froggie83 is offline   Reply With Quote