Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/180

Height: 5' 6"

Default Intro, I am new to 3fc, looking for support...

Hi to all! I am new here and I am feeling a bit unsure of where to post or what forums to join.
I am a mom of 2 girls and I need to make a big change to be healthy. I have always been overweight but I lost weight once before and I felt great and really healthy and fit. Then I went through 2 pregnancies and I am back where I started. I am hoping that I can do this again and I thought that this site may help as I tend to compulsively check my email fifty times a day
Do people join this site as well as weight watchers or whatever? Or just connect online through 3fc? I wanted to go back to WW but time is an issue and I need to do something now... any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks!
brick house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:56 AM   #2  
Ericka

S/C/G: 270

Height: 5'5

Hey Im new too!!
Im wanting to lose about 100 pounds..more would be great, but lets not get silly! lol.
AnotherDayBeingFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #3  

Hi, yeah, looks like we have the same amount of weight to lose. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed but I need to do this. have you ever lost before?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:04 AM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Yes people join other weight loss groups and 3FC. I go to weight watchers! There are several programs to choose fromand each has their own forum here. Check it out and see what may work for you! Good Luck!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #5  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

People who join this site enjoy the online support but also may be apart of groups outside 3FC. I know many ladies are apart of WW, TOPS, and other weightloss groups. The forums can help provide you with another form of support, and I always have thought the more the better! Of course maybe that is why I needto lose 100 pounds But for support, I still stand by my old opinion of "more is better" the forums are full of general day to day support, grocery questions and body image questions. Have fun!
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there &

I'm a meeting-going member of WW, and I use 3FC for extra support. There are list of regularly used programs under Diet Central. But, people from all walks of life are using all sorts of programs to lose weight & become healthier. It's not limited to that list.

There's always the 100 lb club. And although it looks as though you don't quite have 100 to lose, you're most welcome there! (Everyone is!) They're a very active group. I'm not sure how old you are, but there are groups based on age, too!

However, no need to stick to just one place. Have a look around & post wherever you're comfortable!!!

Best of success. You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

to both of you . . . it's a great big place so have a good look around and just start posting wherever something catches your eye . . . there is a forum or thread for just about every imaginable type of plan (so long as it's considered safe and healthy) -- some are 'doing' the organized plans, like WW, others are just kind of 'doing' calories counting/healthy eating stuff. Whatever works best for YOU is the thing to do.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #8  

Thanks! I was thinking of joining the 100+ group and the 30 somethings group. I guess I will try to do WW as well because it helped the last time. I have kind of gone to a few meeting here and there but I haven't been consistent. I will try to find a meeting this week. Now I just have to decide flex or core...
thanks !