Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/254/150

Height: 5'3"

Default A new fat mama onboard

Hi everyone. My name is Jeanette, I'm a Navy wife of a wonderful guy for 16 years and a mom of 3 of the handsomest boys. I do a daycare, too.
I have just gotten bigger and bigger since having my first son. I've recently gained another 4 lb and have no idea where they came from. I've done nothing different but I guess it's just me getting old. I love all the unhealthy foods and hate the good stuff. And I'm addicted to mountain dew. It's going to be a long road ahead of me, i know. I'll need all the motivation I can get.
Last night when I exercised for the first time in years, I had to focus on what I would gain while losing. My feet won't hurt anymore(hopefully), I won't snore anymore(and run the risk of being sufficated by dh), no more acid reflux, and hopefully I'll be able to buy a bra that fits.
I'm reading The Biggest Loser and have their cookbook. I'm not going to use it as a Bible but as a reference. My dh could stand to lose a few pounds himself so we're going to do this together.
Please send all your best tips my way.
I'm most curious about what you're eating. Especially the people that shop in regular grocery stores. Our Wholefoods is waaaay across town and I just do not have the time to get there.
boyzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I am just eating in moderation, making it so no food is off limits for me at this time. I am drinking more water (especially before eating). There are so many great diet plans in the forums with great support.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Jeanette!

Looks like you're already trying to make some healthy changes! Excellent work

Definitely continue to exercise regularly. That doesn't mean every day, for some of us it means every other day or just a few days a week.

The other part of losing weight is watching what we eat. This means keeping track of everything we put in our mouths. There are many options about how to do this. Some people prefer to watch their carbs and hunger levels, others count straight-up calories, some people order meals, or follow different programs. Have a look through Diet Central. You might find something that appeals to your lifestyle!

The healthiest places to shop in a regular grocery store are the outside edges. Produce, Dairy & Meat, Frozen (for veggies!). Sometimes whole grain or "organic" areas. Most of the "crap" is contained in the center aisles.

You like Mountain Dew, eh? Is there a Diet version that you like, too? Or how about continuing to drink it but just drinking less? Like only a can a day. Or perhaps you'll find down that road that you need to cut it out completely. It'll be individual.

Whatever you choose. Have a look around, post where you're comfortable!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/237/170

Height: 5'11

I just started getting in the swing of things again.

I been watching what i eat! Portions are a huge deal and i have cut them dramatically. for breakfast i usually have a small bowl of smart start, then lunch either a salad with chicken or just a chicken breast with veggies, for dinner usually fish, salmon, catfish, tilapia and veggies. i started working out yesterday too! i plan on going every other day and the days that i dont go, i plan on climbing stairs here at work! good luck and have fun doing it!
Bcakes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, Chickie, . . . You've definitely come to a great place for lots of support and advice as you travel the long and sometimes very bumpy road to better health and fitness. Have a good look around -- it's a big, big site -- and just hop on in and start posting whenever something catches your eye. I know you will receive a big, welcoming, wherever you post.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote