Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/141/135

Height: 5'2"

Default On my way... into a brick wall

Hello all!
I guess I'll start elling you a little about me. I am 24, and I guess my life situation has been hectic. Within the past few years I graduated college, moved back home for what I thought would be at least a year or two to get my life figured out. Well, in about 6 months I moved in with my new boyfriend. Within another 6 months I moved to Fl from NY with him, completely away from all of my family. I have never been away from them for so long, so I'm still trying to deal with that. In coming down here I have taken on the role of the sole breadwinner, he does get some cash every month which shall soon be put towards bills.
All in all, I guess I haven't been great to my body. Although I velieve my biggest was after college (175-180), I did manage to lose some of it, but only because I had gotten ill. I put more back on after I cam to Fl. In January I was at 165.5 lbs. My big wake-up call was 2 things: I did not want my boyfriend to touch me, especially since I couldn't figure out how he was attracted to me and 2. I was brushing my teeth one morning and all I could see was my underarm jiggle. My job did the biggest loser- I lost about 17 lbs, down to 148, which I never thought I would see again. I won the contest, including money yesterday.
I've been at this weight for almost a month now I believe. I've started back up at the gym (after a hectic disease filled month) a few weeks ago, I have been dieting vigilanty (atkins induction) yet nothing seems to work.
So between my frustration and lack of motivation now that I have no contest to strive for, I have decided to take the approach of support hoping it will help. My goal is to lose another 15-20lbs.

Sorry to be so long, but it has been a far journey for me.
slvrlining8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/190/160

Height: 5'8"

It sounds like you have had a lot of big life changes. It also sounds as if your on the right road.....not the one into a brick wall. Keep up the hard work!!
earthgrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!
It sounds like you've had a lot of stress in your life.
Are you going to stick with Atkins, or are you looking for something else? Let us know if you need any direction.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/141/135

Height: 5'2"

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm looking for right now. Atkings kinda puttered out after the first 17 lbs and I've been kinda stuck. I know that part of that was my fault, i.e. eating a few pieces of chocolate at work, but it just gets so overwhelming looking at menus and what not seeing all of the things I can't eat. I see how well it did work for me, and I'm definately not into calorie counting or any of that stuff. I think my main goal here is to try to get the motivation and support. My boyfriend is great, he does the cooking and makes my lunch and helps to keep me on track. I never could've come this far without him. But just have him to answer to doesn't seem to be as motivating. Hopefully I will find what I am looking for here, when I finally realize what I'm looking for.
slvrlining8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote