Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #1  

Default Pittsburgh Newbie

Hi Everyone!

I am a soon to be 50 year old with the goal of losing weight. My reasons are for optimal health, healing, and tired of being overweight. I could use all the support possible. I am in the process of finding a nutritionist...so I can begin my life change. I have RA and chronic anemia...I can't work anymore. Since I can't walk due to the RA, I use a wheelchair and so..exercise has been very little. But i got to do something..cause I keep gaining weight. And, I know some will say..of please..you have to stop eating to much. I really don't eat! I have dinner which consists of Chicken, brown rice or a baked potato, vegies or salad and yogurt ( maybe a cookie) for dessert three times a week and I still gain weight. Sigh! It really suks.

So thats is why I am going to a nutritionist. (plus my doctor told me to go coz my albumin level is very low..thats your nutrition level indicator- says I'm malnourished)

Anyway, your encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Here's blogging with you.

parobin
parobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi parobin in pittsburgh!

Wow --- sounds like you are doing everything right by working closely with your doctor and finding a nutritionist. You might want to check out the "special needs" forum (I can't remember exactly the name, but there are sections for dieting with diabetes or other conditions.)

I turned 52 just a couple of days ago, and I *know* it is hard to lose weight in this decade! ! ! There are also age-group forums, but shop around to find a place you feel like you "fit."

Also, talk to your doctor about exercise -- do yo have access to a pool where you could do water exercise (non weight bearing?)?

Welcome! I KNOW you will find good info and support here.
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:03 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there &

You may enjoy the 40-something's or the 50+ area. Perhaps you'd like to check out the Dieting with Obstacles, too!

What we eat is just as important as how much and when. So I hope you find a nutritionist that can help you soon. It might be helpful for you to write down exactly what you're eating every day for a few until you find one. Then, when they ask you what you're eating, you can just show them!

You can do this!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote