Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/200

Height: 5'10

Unhappy Hi Everyone...I need HELP!!!!!!!!!

I need HELP!!! I had a goal to lose 70lbs this year. I started out strong...low carb and working out as of January 2nd. Lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks. Went on a vacation and gained 5lbs. Can't get back on track. I have a 9month old which makes it hard to exercise. I am addicted to food!!! Serious addiction. I hate my pictures, I hate putting on clothes, I hate the way I look all together. I am very unhappy with my weight. But when it comes to dieting or exercise...I have a multitude of excuses and justifications. I need some real motivation!!!!!!!!!! Please help. Thank you
Muriah
muriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's not easy or everyone would do it. This is for life so it takes time- be patient.

Welcome and the best of luck to ya
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

there is ton of support here! you just gotta get into a routine and follow it and see it through each and every day! goodluck!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to another tall chick!

Like the others have said, this has to be a long-term life change and it won't happen overnight. The longest journey starts with a single step, right?

That being said, the idea of finding a routine is great advice. Figure out if you can count calories (which I find very easy) or if you'd rather try a different approach. Figure out when you can devote time to exercise and stick with it. It's all about building a pattern of good behavior that you can fall into and stick with!

As for motivation, think of all the reasons you want to reach your goal weight. I bet they are really good motivation in and of themselves. Whenever I *really* don't feel like running on the treadmill or *really* want that bagel even though I'm out of calories for the day, I think of all the beautiful clothes I want to be able to wear and it helps me stick with my plan.

This place is a great place for support, ideas and realizing that you're not alone in the struggle. Welcome.

Last edited by charisma classic; 03-26-2008 at 04:58 PM.
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

It has already been said and it is so true that it bears repeating . . . don't pick on your shortcomings . . . if we were perfect, none of us would be here.

Try not to look at the "big" picture and the "long" journey . . . one meal at a time is all it takes to get moving in the right direction. That one good meal can grow to be a good day and then that day can grow into a week, and so on, and so on. Before long you'll be having more good weeks than not-good ones and you'll be on the gret downward road to success.

Last edited by meowee; 03-26-2008 at 05:15 PM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

I second the advice above -- you do good things for yourself b/c you LOVE yourself, right? I bet you are a great mommy and a great friend and a great sister/aunt/employee/friend. It's fine to want to be healthier/more active/thinner (!!), but it won't get you anywhere to hate yourself. You know you CAN lose weight, b/c you had that streak of losing weight before you went on vacation -- so you can get back on that horse (or back on the wagon, or whatever metaphor you prefer.)

I know you'll find great info and support at this site -- glad you're here! : )
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/185/150

Height: 5.5

Hi Muriah.  I hear ya.  I can come up with a multitude of excuses and love junk food as well.  I think what is needed is something to fill up the hole that food fills up.  At least for me.
lhbarbee is offline   Reply With Quote