Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/143/138

Height: 5'73/4"

Default Hello all...

I am happy to have found this website. I have been looking around and have seen lots of good things on it. A little about me and my weight: I have been up and down all my life. Nothing really drastic (except with my first child when I gained so much weight my doctor got mad at me!) Anyway, I look at my life in chunks. I graduated high school at about 129 pounds and at my 10 year reunion, I was 145. At my 20 year reunion two summers ago, I was 145. This morning I was 144. So, my natural weight should probably be about 140-150.

I am married and have two great kids. My mom died five years ago. That was tough but I still had dad. Then he died in December 2006, so about 15 months ago. My being an emotional eater allowed me to gain weight by not watching what I was doing. I went to 164 and just got furious with myself. I knew that was ridiculous and I got "on the ball" and started to get rid of it.

That's about it in a nutshell. I hope we all have something to learn from each other. In my life I have learned that no one person has all the right answers!
Thanks for "listening!"
westtexaschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there &

You've done a great job so far! You might find the Chicks in Control a good place for those who deal with emotional eating. There are also groups based on age, and the Featherweights or Maintainers area might be places you'd like to check out as well! Just be sure to keep on posting wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

I know losing parents is tough I'm sorry

Wonderful job on losing the weight! Congratulations!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!
I'm sorry about your parents. When my Dad had cancer, I determined to lose weight to "get healthy", but I ate my way through the stress. Sending you big hugs...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote