Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Default You seem like a fine group of ladies!!

Hello. Wonderful to have found the group and be afforded the chance to get to know some fine ladies! I am here to do the obvious: meet newly set goals with support through insight, humor, experience and friendship.

My story is that in my early to mid 20’s, I was very thin (but didn’t think so). As I inched my way to my 30th birthday, I also inched my way from a size 7 to a size 14.

Now, as I have spent years subconsciously accepting this change, my physical appearance is how I feel about myself…”shabby”. Now is the time to do something, as it will never get easier or more convenient.

The key to my success will hopefully be just getting out and moving more, not eating in front of the tv ever again, and cutting calories, complimented by better choices…Is there a 12 step program for my love affair for fast food???

I have chosen now as the time, as I see my weight affecting my otherwise great esteem for myself. I think about outings and events and wonder what will be served to eat and how much I can put on my plate without judgment. That scares the heck out of me.

I carry much of my weight in my tummy, giving that appearance of being pregnant. As beautiful as I know expecting moms are, I am not one, and being called one makes me sad. About 10 pounds ago, my son had a special night getting a motocross award from a racing series. After the ceremony, I got an email from the track promoter congratulating me on my pregnancy. Oh, there are other similar tales from the last three years. From as simple as a mom in a hotel pool asking my son if he was excited to become a “big brother” to the convenience store clerk in my parents’ small town, who actually argued with me when I assured her that I was not expecting.

In closing, I have just dipped my toes into this site, and have been excited to see the level of support for new members. The thing that makes this site awesome for me is that I don’t want to make claims or promises to those close to me. I did that two years ago and was “all talk no show.” I can’t and won’t do that again.

I have not posted current weight, as I don’t want to step on a scale. I am guessing that I am 180, but am too afraid to know if it is more. I am going to wait to get into last summer’s shorts, and then weigh myself. My goal is 140. Sorry if I am not “playing fair” by not weighing in just yet. It is just that I know enough about myself and this battle to be too afraid to be sad about what the scale tells me, and falling short due to the emotions evoked because of that.

I have justified one too many cheeseburgers by saying, “yeah, I’m fat, but dog gone it, people like me,” then taking a big ol’ bite. That time is over!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #2  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

glad you are here. just wanted to let you know, i didn't want to know my starting weight either, when i first started going to ww i told them not to let me know until i was ready. they were completely cool with that. i'm glad i did that. scales can be so cruel

good luck to you, take care and welcome again
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Motomom -

Gosh you're in the right place! Sounds like you've got yourself dedicated, which is the first, and biggest, step toward success. Now you've just got to get out there and do it. You've got to believe you can, though, and I definitely know you can do it, so don't worry about being "all talk". That was before. This is now!

What sort of eating plan are you going to follow? We likely have a forum for it. You can also check out the "30-somethings" area for regular daily chats.

Otherwise, look around, find a spot or two, settle in, and keep posting. I cannot WAIT to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Have a look around Post where you're comfortable!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:20 PM   #5  
Cindy

S/C/G: 289/193/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome motomom! I am pretty new here too. I hope you will find this site to be a great inspiration and motivator as I have. I don't feel all alone in my quest to lose weight. Here we can share and encourage each other along the way.
cinderpa is offline   Reply With Quote