Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Hello!

Hi everyone!
I first joined the site at the end of last year, but today is the first day I've posted anything.

So, a litle bit about myself. My name's Caitlin, and I live in Florida. I gained roughly 40 pounds over the course of a year due to medication (which I am now no longer taking) and am working to get that 40 off, plus a bit more, in time for getting married next year.

I've tried Atkins, the Cabbage Soup diet (Ick.), Slim Fast, and now Calorie Counting, which is working. Finally!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all, and maybe getting some support that I'm obviously not going to get from my family.

Have a great day!
Caitlin

Last edited by penmage; 11-05-2010 at 04:37 PM.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Caitlin,

It sounds like you have a mother who cares, but just doesn't know how to show it. Do not let her negativity effect you (easier said than done, I know).

I think you have plenty of time to look how you want to at your wedding - absolutely fabulous!

I noticed to that many of the "diets" out there are unrealistic because you can't sustain them for the rest of your life. Calorie counting has also been working for me.

Good luck!

-Liz.
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Caitlin

Sorry you have to deal with a mother like that. Many people here have some family &/or friends who are the opposite of supportive. I hope that you'll find what you need here around 3FC. It seems like you're doing this for yourself, which is wonderful! So post more often Let us all get to know & support you. You can do this!!!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

Welcome! Your mom sounds alot like my mom. I am sure you can do it!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote