Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default New! with a question!

hey everyone! i was referred to this site by a friend and i am thrilled. i hope that i will learn to be honest and find support from everyone here as i can't seem to let my friends and family hear my true feelings.

i joined a gym and am seeing a therapist, two big steps. and i've sworn off fast food. i am an addict.

one question, though. i would really like to have a weight loss tracker in my post signature. the visual motivation is great. can somone help me get one?

jerzygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

I think you have to be a member for 30 days and have a certain amount of posts before you can get a ticker. I can't wait until I can get mine.

I am a fastfood addict as well, and it is so hard to stay away from that! That's why for me, it is important to have premade foods that I can grab from my fridge either before I leave or when I come home. I also have some healthy snacks stashed in my car like the 100 calorie snack packs of things you can find at the store.

I think part of the reason I love fast food so much is because it's instant gratification. If you have healthy alternatives available at all times, there's no need to stop at your local mcdonalds, taco bell, etc.

Welcome!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

OnlyMeantWell is right. You must be a member for 30 days & have made 30 posts. But! It can be a mini-goal to stick it out for at least 30 days to get a ticker! (Very worth it )

You've made some big steps so far, that's wonderful! Have a look around and post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to 3FC!
Congratulations on your two big steps!!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #6  

Wow. I am overwhelmed with your replies to me. I felt like I was carrying this alone because I don't have many overweight friends and the ones who are aren't ready for the next step. I don't feel alone reading these posts. Also I keep feeling like I am reading myself in a lot of them and that makes my goal seem doable.

THANK YOU FOR THE WARM WELCOME.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyMeantWell View Post
I think you have to be a member for 30 days and have a certain amount of posts before you can get a ticker. I can't wait until I can get mine.

I am a fastfood addict as well, and it is so hard to stay away from that! That's why for me, it is important to have premade foods that I can grab from my fridge either before I leave or when I come home. I also have some healthy snacks stashed in my car like the 100 calorie snack packs of things you can find at the store.

I think part of the reason I love fast food so much is because it's instant gratification. If you have healthy alternatives available at all times, there's no need to stop at your local mcdonalds, taco bell, etc.

Welcome!
GREAT idea for the premade foods in the house. I can make things and separate specific meals into containers. (Then I won't catch myself eating ALL the potatoes in two days...I live alone and haven't mastered cooking for one.)

It is so true that the instant gratification is what I needed from fast food and with hunger as a side effect of medication, Taco Bell and Wendy's were too easy.

I am so grateful to this place and these suggestions. I can already count five things that I have remembered/learned tonight alone.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post

OnlyMeantWell is right. You must be a member for 30 days & have made 30 posts. But! It can be a mini-goal to stick it out for at least 30 days to get a ticker! (Very worth it )

You've made some big steps so far, that's wonderful! Have a look around and post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!!!!
Thanks for the scoop on the tracker. I found a thread about it and they are high demand! It's just so beautifully motivating. SEEing the end goal on a line. It makes so much sense.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #9  

Also, OnlyMeantWell, if you are reading this, can you give me suggestions for foods to have premade in my fridge? And how do you store them...ziploc bags? gladware?

thanks.