Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Default Another year another diet...

Hello all, I'm back again.

I lost quite a bit of weight in 2006, kept it off for about a year, and then I couldn't stop eating again and I'm as fat as I ever was.

I'm not quite at the point where I can get things under control yet - I have no resolve to keep at it like I did last time. Now I just can't stop myself from eating all those things I know that I shouldn't.

I need to get to that place where I have some motivation and self-control, and I am hoping to get some inspiration from you ladies.

It doesn't help that I am very restricted in what exercise I can do at the moment. I am extremely busy with full-time work, part-time work AND an Open University Course that takes up all remaining time! On top of that I have an injury to my foot which makes it impossible for me to run (which I love), and to walk for any length of time (i.e. for exercise). I can't afford to go to a gym or any classes, and so I am restricted to using my bicycle. By the time I get home in the evening I am shattered and it is dark. I live in the country so that there are no streetlights, but there are still fast and busy roads to get anywhere so it is quite dangerous to go out cycling then. I long for the longer days when I can cycle in the evenings as well as the weekends.

Anyway...sob story over! I need to get to the point where I feel motivated to do something rather than just feeling miserable about myself!
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Pachyderm & back!

The ladies & men around 3FC will help support you as you choose to change your life around again. Have a look around & keep on posting!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

Think of it, THIS IS THE YEAR and LIFESTYLE change.

Welcome aboard!
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:38 AM   #4  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back! I wonder if you could get one of those trainer attachments, that lets you turn your road bike into a stationary bike? Just thinking, maybe you could rack up some miles at home in the evening, while waiting for the longer days of summer. Maybe plan yourself a nice reward bike trip for some date in the future, some place scenic, or sign yourself up for a group ride? Planning for something challenging or just for fun might carry you through the dark days. Good luck!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 AM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Back!!!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Thanks everyone.

I like the ideas Jamsk8r. I've looked into those bike adaptors before and they are quite expensive, but I definately like the idea of setting myself a rewarding bike trip...I've always fancied cycle touring so that could be a great start to a new lifestyle!
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote