Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/280/200

Height: 5'6

Smile Hello Everyone!

Been checking this site out for a week or two and you all sound so great and supportive! So, today I signed up. Hope to get the attitude boost I need. I've been over weight my whole life. I'm now 33 with an 11 yr old and a 5 yr old. I've been with my husband for almost 15 yrs. My kids are begging me to take them to Kings Island Amusement Park this summer. I have dodged this for the past two years because 6 yrs ago when I went I could barely fit into the rides and I'm bigger now! So I have to do this for my kids!!

I've been on this diet for 1 1/2 mths and have lost 18pds. I didn't push myself or beat myself up like I usually do in a diet. I didn't set a weight goal or even a size, just letting it flow. I've been working on the portion, cutting back and stop binging and I've been keeping a food journal...pretty good Until a week ago I had a great attitude and outlook but I've basically have gotten the "munchies" that won't go away and they have ruined my mood!! Does that even make sense?? I've fought them off pretty well, but I'm in the burn out stage.....need a good kick!

Thank you for letting me chat. I hope to get to know some of you!!
Good luck to everyone in our journeys!!!
StormLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Welcome StormLynn! This is really a great website. I'm more of a lurker reading the great advice of your knowledgable members. Congrats on your 18lb loss. I know how you feel about those cravings...I'm getting better at not eating my favorite treats but it's hard sometimes, I know you can do it!

Have fun reading the posts here there is a ton of information and so much to learn!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hiya Storm &

Looks like you're off to such a great start! Please continue to post wherever you're comfortable. You're more than capable of continuing & thriving through this "munchy"/burn out stage.

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

I am new myself! I know you can do it!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/210/207

Height: 5'10"

Hi there! I'm new myself. I know what you mean about the munchies. So far the only thing that's been working for me is to have a big glass of water and wait for a few minutes. It tends to pass. I try to make sure I don't have anything in my house that I can binge on either. I know myself and I know that when I get that munchie attack, I'm not likely to stop myself if it's in the house.
Nancy CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #6  

I am new here too. Congratulations on losing 18lbs.
Stay Motivated!!! Lots of great peeps on here.
angelfire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #7  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i'm new too. congrats, your doing great. i like chewing gum when i get the munchies or reach for low point or free foods(i'm on ww), to tame the munchie monster.
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #8  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

oh yeah try this too, brush your teeth lol, then gargle with listerine or something i've done that too, never ever want to eat after that
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #9  
Droppin Tha Babii Phat

S/C/G: 168/161/135

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormLynn View Post
Been checking this site out for a week or two and you all sound so great and supportive! So, today I signed up. Hope to get the attitude boost I need. I've been over weight my whole life. I'm now 33 with an 11 yr old and a 5 yr old. I've been with my husband for almost 15 yrs. My kids are begging me to take them to Kings Island Amusement Park this summer. I have dodged this for the past two years because 6 yrs ago when I went I could barely fit into the rides and I'm bigger now! So I have to do this for my kids!!

I've been on this diet for 1 1/2 mths and have lost 18pds. I didn't push myself or beat myself up like I usually do in a diet. I didn't set a weight goal or even a size, just letting it flow. I've been working on the portion, cutting back and stop binging and I've been keeping a food journal...pretty good Until a week ago I had a great attitude and outlook but I've basically have gotten the "munchies" that won't go away and they have ruined my mood!! Does that even make sense?? I've fought them off pretty well, but I'm in the burn out stage.....need a good kick!

Thank you for letting me chat. I hope to get to know some of you!!
Good luck to everyone in our journeys!!!
Hello hun, &
I too have been working on my portions & trying to cut back and it's hard but I am determined!! I started my official diet back in Sept. 2007 but I have been slacking. You know what? I just started a new club thread for getting back on track you should check it out!!! Just click the link below!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136961

Last edited by elisarae; 03-13-2008 at 04:02 PM.
elisarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 288/280/200

Height: 5'6

Thank you for the encouragement. I try to drink alot of water, I don't know why the sweet tooth munchies are back and with revenge! I've fallen back but not quit fighting. Good luck to you too!!!
StormLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'4

Not only am I new to dieting, I am new to blogging as well. I happened on this website by chance and decided "what the heck". My husband is deployed and I don't really have people I can talk with (especially about losing weight). I just had a baby 10 weeks ago and I am tired of looking at my new flabby body. Any suggestions on what works?
lucasjenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Hi LucasJenni -

You might want to check out Diet Central to see a list of what some people are following. Commit to changing your life and you can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #13  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote