And so it begins, again - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #1  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Default And so it begins, again

I was here about a year ago -- I couldn't find my old posts to see how honest I was, so I'm going on just a general idea of how I was versus how I am now.

I think I was about 340 last year when I started 3FC. I had been struggling for a long time to quit smoking because I knew, once I did that, there would be no excuses and I would have to tackle the weight.

I quit smoking, for a few weeks, but started back up again because I just couldn't deal with losing the weight yet, I suppose.

In January, something flipped on inside of me, and I finally knew that I knew that I knew that I didn't have to be fat any more. Because it was something that didn't serve me physically, emotionally, or spiritually.

I had gone to OA for several months, and when I worked the third step (turning your will and your life over to God) everything changed. (Including my going to OA, actually).

Everything has been going exceptionally well, actually, but the past few days have been really low energy for me, and I've been dragging around.

For some reason, I thought of 3FC, so here I came, and, having just posted a "hi, again" post, I suddenly want to go walk, so I think I will.

I have a lot of weight to lose. It's going to take me a long time, I have no illusions of that. I have a **lot** to learn.

But oddly enough, I'm not making goals in terms of weight. My goals seem to be in line with, "I can't wait til I can go kayaking," or "I can't wait til I can play softball."

And then there are the clothes. I am longing for clothes again, which is something I haven't experienced in a long, long time.

I weigh once a month because I'm *trying* to make the journey more about the education of good, healthy food and good, healthy exercise more important.

In January, I weighed 335.4 lbs. As of March 5, I was 325.2 lbs, for a total of 10.2 lbs gone plus kicking that smoking thing.

So I've begun.

As I previewed it, I saw my ticker from last year. How fabulous is that.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! It's great to have you.
Congratulations on losing 10 pounds! And quitting smoking! Those are great accomplishments.
I hope you have a nice walk, and keep posting to let us know how you're doing!
Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome back! And congratulations on those 10 lbs AND on quitting smoking. That's fabulous. Please keep posting!

You may want to check out the 300+ area, or the 100lb club, or (I'm not sure by your post whether you're still attending/following OA) the OA section.

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #5  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

welcome back honey. We are all on this journey together. You can lean on us... and you CAN get there. We all have the power inside of us to be who we want to be... it takes hard work, but we can all do it
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/200/160

Height: 5 53/4

I still don't know how to get a ticker
KCbytheC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

That's a great start!
I have a friend who tried to quit smoking about a million times, but she always started again. A few years back, she had the band surgery and she lost a lot of weight, but eventually, the band had to go out as her body did not tolerate it well. Her latest attempt to quit smoking started 3 weeks ago, and she seems to be doing well. She says once she is out of the worst, she will tackle the weight.
Sorry, I got carried away. Welcome back and I look forward to future updates from you.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #8  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCbytheC View Post
I still don't know how to get a ticker
Hi KCbytheC,

You need to have at least 30 posts before you can add a ticker. After you have had that many posts, you can create your ticker at www.tickerfactory.com. I think in the Introductions forum somewhere there is also a link to tickers from 3FC.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #9  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbeth View Post
Welcome back! It's great to have you.
Congratulations on losing 10 pounds! And quitting smoking! Those are great accomplishments.
I hope you have a nice walk, and keep posting to let us know how you're doing!
Beth
Actually, I didn't walk, but it's been a funky, funky day. It's over, though, and I'll pick it up tomorrow. No excuses!

Neither one of them were my accomplishments, but thank you and thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Welcome back! And congratulations on those 10 lbs AND on quitting smoking. That's fabulous. Please keep posting!

You may want to check out the 300+ area, or the 100lb club, or (I'm not sure by your post whether you're still attending/following OA) the OA section.

Best of success!!!
Thank you for the welcome back. Actually, I do not attend OA any more, but I am currently working the steps. Thank you for your well wishes. This place has been amazingly supportive, and I've spent a long time looking over the message board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly View Post
]

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoonRabbit View Post
welcome back honey. We are all on this journey together. You can lean on us... and you CAN get there. We all have the power inside of us to be who we want to be... it takes hard work, but we can all do it
What a wonderful welcome. Thank you. Seeing all of the people who are either losing as much as I have to lose or have lost it already is so incredibly inspiring. I'm glad to be back, and what's more, I think I'm ready to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
That's a great start!
I have a friend who tried to quit smoking about a million times, but she always started again. A few years back, she had the band surgery and she lost a lot of weight, but eventually, the band had to go out as her body did not tolerate it well. Her latest attempt to quit smoking started 3 weeks ago, and she seems to be doing well. She says once she is out of the worst, she will tackle the weight.
Sorry, I got carried away. Welcome back and I look forward to future updates from you.
Oddly enough, it took my going to OA to quit smoking. Strange stuff. Give your friend a hug for me -- if she can make it through the first 72 hours when the cravings are strongest, she can make it through the occasional twinge now and again. Hope she's doing well in her weight loss, as well.

Just spending a couple of hours today has really given me hope. While I know it's possible, seeing it being done right in front of my eyes (with photographic proof at that!) is such a wonderful, wonderful thing.

I'm so grateful for those who were brave enough to share pictures and their stories, and I'm looking forward to getting to know people here.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote