Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Intro

Hello, I'm a 65 year old woman who is really struggling to lose weight. I feel like I have been dieting for years....and by dieting I don't mean starvation diets or anything crazy...just eating healthy but trying to stick to smaller portions. I usually eat healthy but I just eat too much.

I hope the support of this forum will help me and I look forward to getting to know you and making new friends.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Welcome maryea!
I think you'll like it here. These forums are so friendly, really. I usually feel semi-uncomfortable posting on forums, but the people here are so inviting and supportive that it's impossible not to get involved
Hope you like it here 2
Claudia
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Maryea &

You might like to try the 50+ area if you'd like to speak to people closer to your age. Or there are several groups based on how much weight we have to lose. If you're following a certain program there are many groups under Diet Central. Have you thought about calorie counting to make sure that you're eating within a certain amount? Or even just to gauge how much you're eating throughout the day?

Have a look around & please post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there MARY . . . . . . glad to have you joining us. I'm a regular in the Age 50+ forum (and the Moderator over there in case you need any help) and I've already read your introduction in that forum. Hope you will be joining one of our regular chat groups in there. Just scroll down a bit from the Introducting Us Sticky and you'll find them. BTW, I'm also 65 -- when is your birthday?? Mine is February, so I just turned that magic corner.

Last edited by meowee; 03-11-2008 at 08:30 AM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Mary, I'm glad you found this site. Lots of wonderful people here. I post in the +50 area too, In the Golden Girls. Come on over and join us. I think you will enjoy it there, the people are so supportive. And we're in the 50 -60's.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisskiss;
Welcome maryea!
I think you'll like it here. These forums are so friendly, really. I usually feel semi-uncomfortable posting on forums, but the people here are so inviting and supportive that it's impossible not to get involved
Hope you like it here 2
Claudia
Thank you for the fast welcome, Claudia. This does seem like a friendly forum and I am looking forward to getting involved.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:09 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie;
Hi Maryea &

You might like to try the 50+ area if you'd like to speak to people closer to your age. Or there are several groups based on how much weight we have to lose. If you're following a certain program there are many groups under Diet Central. Have you thought about calorie counting to make sure that you're eating within a certain amount? Or even just to gauge how much you're eating throughout the day?

Have a look around & please post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'm planning on joining the 50+ area next! Looking forward to chatting with you. I'll probably join several areas as I really need support. I'm not on any diet really...I do count calories, but recently have really had a hard time keeping to my limit which is not really low...in fact I set it for 1500 cal this time to make it easier even if slower. Calorie counting has been the way I have lost the most in the past.

Last edited by maryea; 03-11-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:13 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee;
Hi there MARY . . . . . . glad to have you joining us. I'm a regular in the Age 50+ forum (and the Moderator over there in case you need any help) and I've already read your introduction in that forum. Hope you will be joining one of our regular chat groups in there. Just scroll down a bit from the Introducting Us Sticky and you'll find them. BTW, I'm also 65 -- when is your birthday?? Mine is February, so I just turned that magic corner.
My birthday is Feb 15! Yes I'm officially a senior now! How did that happen?!!
Now if only the hot flashes would disappear. Planning on posting regularly in the 50+ forum...headed there soon in fact. I'll consider the chat as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly;
Thank you for the beautiful welcome!!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me;
Hi Mary, I'm glad you found this site. Lots of wonderful people here. I post in the +50 area too, In the Golden Girls. Come on over and join us. I think you will enjoy it there, the people are so supportive. And we're in the 50 -60's.
Thanks for the welcome! I'm checking out all the areas as I find time. Looking forward to getting to know you all.