Sick and Tired of Being FAT - Need some accountability!! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #1  

Unhappy Sick and Tired of Being FAT - Need some accountability!!

Hello everyone. My name is Anna and I'm 39 yrs old will be 40 on Sept. 29. That's a scary thought. Every year I vow to lose weight and I've vowed to lose weight by my 40th birthday but I haven't got off to a very good start. I am a member of Weight Watchers but have been following the plan half heartedly. When I joined in January I was journaling and doing great other than the weight was coming off VERY SLOW. Then I had to miss several meetings because of bad weather and now I can't seem to get back into the groove of journaling and even caring.

I had a hysterectomy in June 2007 and since then I've gained 30 lbs. My dr. told me that I would have a very hard time losing weight now EXACTLY what I DID NOT want to hear.

Anyway I currently weigh 260 lbs. and I'm 5'8" tall. My goal is 175 lbs. but right now I'd be happy to get down into the lower 200's like 220 or so because if I got that close to the one hundreds I know I'd keep going. I just need some pals to motivate me, YELL AT ME, anything to help keep me on track. I need some accountability. I need someone that I can confide in when I'm scared or doing bad or rejoice with when I am doing good.

If anyone wants to be pals please send me a private message or email me my email address will be at the end (I'll write it separate so maybe I won't get as much spam mail from listing it all together).

Anyway a little more about me: I'm married, I have 3 kids (boys ages 15 and 12 and a girl 11). I am a Stay at home mom. We are a Christian family and go to a small United Baptist Church. My husband is the Sunday school teacher for the adult class and I am the choir leader. I enjoy thrift stores and yard sales. We have 2 dogs (1 outside dog, Toby an Austrailan Shepherd and 1 inside dog a Basset Hound Puppy named Clyde), we have two inside cats (Blacky and Gizmo) and a Guinea Pig (Harry). We live in the country in Southeastern Ohio. I am an only child, my parents live about an hour from us.

Well I guess that's it for now. IF anyone wants to be friends please email me I need all the support I can get (also I am great at giving support to friends but not as great at following my own advise...) Anyone out there in the same boat?

Take care and God Bless.

Love,
Anna Grube
[email protected]
hotmail.com

Last edited by jordyn1968; 03-10-2008 at 07:11 AM.
jordyn1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Anna!

Restarting is tough, but it's something we have to do, right? You don't necessarily have to dive head first into it, though! What if you could change one thing today that would help you along? Just one thing? Like making sure to get all your water in, or your recommended amount of fruit & veg? Or even just a couple minutes of exercise like walking?

There are plenty of support groups around, ones based on age (30 or 40 somethings), there's a Dieting with Obstacles section that might help, and there's even a WW section, too! You don't have 100 lbs to lose, but there's the 100 lb club that is quite active & very supportive.

Even if you do happen to lose slowly, wouldn't weighing less on your 40th birthay than you do now be a fabulous thing?

Take some time to look around & post wherever you're comfortable.

Best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Anna, welcome!
Yes, do it now! Like you, I planned on "being there" when I turned 40. That was three years ago.
I wish you the very best... please let us know if there's anything specific we can help you with.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote