Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Jan. 2008-173/ticker/135

Height: 5'5''

Default New here too

I am so excited to have found this website and have support as I continue to embark on my weight loss journey. I am trying to lose weight through exercise and healthy eating as I don't believe in pills or fad dieting to lose weight.

To give just a little background, when my husband and I married 6 1/2 years ago I weighed 125 lbs. I look at my wedding pictures now and I wonder how I let myself get so out of shape and overweight at 170 lbs. Through the years I have tried to lose weight but always fail. After my son's birth (little over a year ago), I was able to get back to my pre-baby weight of 170-something within the first three months. I was happy that I had gained basically baby weight only but I felt I was already heavy before getting pregnant so I wanted to loss weight once my son was born.

One of my problems is keeping motivated for a length of time. I start out doing good for a few weeks, get discouraged, eat something bad and then fall of the wagon sorta speaking.

Well, I have managed to maintain an exercise regimen at home for 6 weeks now. I am excited to have this accomplishment since I have NEVER maintained a routine that long. I am not losing much weight yet in fact I gained three lbs in the first two weeks of exercising, then lost a few lbs and now my weight has been at a stand still these last two weeks. But my clothes are fitting different and I see some changes to my body so something is happening even if the scale is not moving like I want it to. I am looking forward to future success and celebration of my goals.

Thanks for "listening".
skinny4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #2  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

I am feeling your pain, with the scale not budging! My wait hasn't budged in 2 weeks, but I know I'm on plan with my eating, I know i'm working my tail off in every workout, so I just tell myself to keep on keepin' on, and eventually it will have to go down again..it sure is frustrating in the meantime, though!

I'm so glad you're having such success this time, and sticking with it!

What type of exercise are you doing?
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsk8r View Post
I am feeling your pain, with the scale not budging! My wait hasn't budged in 2 weeks, but I know I'm on plan with my eating, I know i'm working my tail off in every workout, so I just tell myself to keep on keepin' on, and eventually it will have to go down again..it sure is frustrating in the meantime, though!

I'm so glad you're having such success this time, and sticking with it!

What type of exercise are you doing?
Thanks! I am doing Denise Austin's Daily Workout routine but I am thinking of adding some pilates to shake things up a bit. I am also doing some arm and chest exercises with 3 lbs weights. I hope the scale starts to move for you too!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there!

You've made some great changes so far Starting a routine & then keeping with it is great! We've all had our share of "slip-ups" but we can't let them keep us down. It's all about getting right back on the horse & continuing on!

You mentioned "healthy eating". Have you been keeping track of what you're eating? Counting calories? I know that for many people adding exercise alone just won't drop the weight. We often have to keep an honest journal, or some sort of track of exactly what we're eating.

Have a look around. Post wherever you're comfortable! Hope to see you around more

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Hi there!

You've made some great changes so far Starting a routine & then keeping with it is great! We've all had our share of "slip-ups" but we can't let them keep us down. It's all about getting right back on the horse & continuing on!

You mentioned "healthy eating". Have you been keeping track of what you're eating? Counting calories? I know that for many people adding exercise alone just won't drop the weight. We often have to keep an honest journal, or some sort of track of exactly what we're eating.

Have a look around. Post wherever you're comfortable! Hope to see you around more

Best of success!
Thanks for your support! My healthy eating includes cutting out snacks from my diet (this is a BIG thing for me), doing portion control or making sure I am using a serving size not just eyeballing it and eating more turkey since its lower in fat. I have never counted calories before and I am not sure if I can do it with a 16 month old son (he keeps me busy). But I did find out from this website about Fitday.com and I registered. Maybe this tool will help me see where I can improve on my eating. This may just be the added help I need.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote