Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222.6/220.6/150

Height: 5.4

Unhappy OK... I'm new and I really need help

So, I have finally decided that I need to stop make excuses about why I am not losing weight and start making changes. Just writing that brings tears. I have played with every diet out there and the truth is I am better at making excuses then changes. So today is step one. I want to lose 75 pounds because I want to feel better about myself and be a better mother to my children. So I joined fitday and wrote grits and sausage into my journal and then I ate a banana. Not a super diet breakfast and 60% of today has been fat, but at least I am recording it and dealing with it. My husband actually told me about this site and I am hoping to find the support I am going to need to see this through to the end. so, thanks.
sachsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I think you've made a HUGE first step. And a second step. And a third step!

You've realized you need to change. You've DECIDED to change. And you've started to change.

So, tell us what else you'd like to do? Have you decided to count calories? There's a Calorie Counters area under Diet Central. There are also age-based support groups around. And I can personally say that, although you don't have 100 lbs to lose, the 100 lb club is open to everyone. It's quite an active & supportive group.

Have you thought about some exercise?

No need to do everything at once though. Simply writing down & being accountable for what you eat is fantastic. Small steps will get you to the finish line!

Keep on posting & best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #4  

thanks for the welcome. I didn't realize there was a diet central. I just found it. I have joined a gym but I haven't gone very regularly. That will be one of my first goals. How do you get those little goal and mini goal and exercise tickers? I am not sure how i am going to do it. I feel like I have tried every diet and none of them have worked. I have been reading posts looking for a new direction. I will try the 100# club.

Thanks again
Old 03-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachsgang View Post
thanks for the welcome. I didn't realize there was a diet central. I just found it. I have joined a gym but I haven't gone very regularly. That will be one of my first goals. How do you get those little goal and mini goal and exercise tickers? I am not sure how i am going to do it. I feel like I have tried every diet and none of them have worked. I have been reading posts looking for a new direction. I will try the 100# club.

Thanks again
An exercise mini-goal is a great idea! Even going a few times a week would help you feel better.

The tickers will become available to you when you've made thirty posts & been a member for 30 days. (Spammers ruin everything )

You're already making small changes, so you're already "doing it". There's no secret The thing is that around here we don't like to say we're on "diets", because diets are temporary. We prefer to say that we're changing our lives. Truly, this is forever. And although that's a bit daunting, it is forever. One small change at a time we're improving our lives. You can, too!

Last edited by Lovely; 03-07-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #6  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Absolutely what Faerie said... this is a lifetyle change. One day at a time we are learning how to change the way we think about food, exercise and our bodies. You will find over time that the battle will become easier... you just gotta take it one day at a time, and whenever you feel frustrated or unmotivated, you can turn to us. We are all on the same difficult journey... some have it harder than others. But, we are all here for eachother, to support one another and give encouragement. I have found that a lifestyle change like this is near impossible to do on my own, and I needed people who understood what I was going through. I came here and my life has changed. I didn't know how many other people had experienced the same things: crying in dressing rooms when nothing seems to fit, feeling lonely and undesriable, feeling overwhelmed by cravings and binges... coming here has made me feel stronger, more powerful. Please visit the "GOAL" section and look at all the people who have truly changed their lives through perserverance and dedication- they are my heros, and whenever I feel like I "can't do it" I go there and see that other people have, and many of them had a much longer journey than I do... Welcome to 3FC and welcome to a new beginning. Post often, share your successes and your struggles, and have faith in yourself that YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #7  

I have been reading what everyone is posting and I think I might try an OA group. They have a thread about powerlessness right now that I think I cried the whole way through. Nothing else in the world makes me feel so defeated. It is hard to feel successful when you can't even control what you eat. I wonder if I will ever feel like I look healthy again. It seems so far away now. Anyway, this site is great. So many people being honest. It is very encouraging
Old 03-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #8  
This Time is for Real

S/C/G: 272/261.2/156

Height: 5'6.5

Oh sasch I know what you mean. i freak out about that. It's like why can't i control myself.. Right on for finding a group that you can stick with
Mixie Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachsgang View Post
I have been reading what everyone is posting and I think I might try an OA group. They have a thread about powerlessness right now that I think I cried the whole way through. Nothing else in the world makes me feel so defeated. It is hard to feel successful when you can't even control what you eat. I wonder if I will ever feel like I look healthy again. It seems so far away now. Anyway, this site is great. So many people being honest. It is very encouraging
That's fantastic. Make sure you ask all the questions that you need to in the Overeaters Anon area (under Chicks in Control). We're here to support you no matter what!