I'm new to this site - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/?/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm new to this site

I'm new to this site and am excited to find someplace where I can gain support, ideas and what I can do re: being insulin resistant. I've "dieted" for several years now and can't seem to get my weight off . I will lose a few lbs (up to 25 or 30) and then will yo-yo back. I'm currently exercising and trying to find the right food plan that will work for me!
frustratedieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . . . . . you've definitely come to the right place for lots of support. Hopefully, we'll get your post moved to the INTRODUCTIONS forum and more people will stop by to say HI. In the meantime, you might want to have a look at the DIETING WITH OBSTACLES forum . . . here's a link for you to click . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Ahhh Diets. We don't "diet" here. One of the many common things I see around the site, especially among the members who have made it to goal & are maintaining, is that they've made many small permanent changes. They don't give up soda only to turn around & drink it like it's going out of style. They don't start exercising only to take a few months off.

You could check out the Diet Central area for a list of plans that are working for many people. But, remember that even the tiniest change will lead you to a healthier place. Drinking all your water? Getting in the recommended amount of fruit & veg? These things will add up!

Keep the exercise going, and keep posting to let us all know how you're doing

Best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!
I can totally relate .... I am sometimes frustrated, too (although not from dieting - I refuse to diet).
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Help! I am new to this site, not compter savy and cannot figure out how to post a new message.
I need a 3fc dummies guide. the faqs are not cutting it for me!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Kittycat40 - Go into the section area where you'd like to post a new thread. Click the "new thread" button towards the top.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #8  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

thanks!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

frustratedieter welcome!

ditto faerie

i have also been on many diets in the past, incl. fad diets like the cabbage soup diet (ugh) etc. i can honestly say the only thing that worked for me was to completely revamp my eating habits. recognizing and incorporating nutritious foods into my daily life. kills the yo-yo effect, requires more effort at first but becomes second nature after a while! SBD works for me
cheers and good luck on ur journey to a healthier happier you
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/?/150

I "know" that you all don't "diet"....we're all on a journey to finding the right food plan that will work into our life-styles etc. I'm attempting to find good health and something that isn't faddish but realistic in every way. I have a book called Diabetes Solution by Dr. Richard Bernstein. It's very good in so many ways but the food-plan he talks about is really extreme I think! He advocates NO fruits at all, no grains and it really sounds like something I wouldn't be able to live well with...though he does (as he's diabetic himself). I also have the Insulin Resistant Diet...but from all that I'm reading SB sounds like the way I'm going to go. I really, really would love some ideas from others. I've been on this low-fat plan for about 9 months and guess I'm thankful that it at least made me look at being healthy AND that it is turning me to a truly healthier food plan as well (though this one is healthy...it just has too many carbs in it for me). Insulin resistance is a reality and nothing to fool with. Thank you for all of your comments here!!!
frustratedieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Actually, you've made good progress already. Knowing what won't work for us can often lead us closer to what will

You mentioned SB, there's a SB forum area that you could check out to get some more information from the people who are using it.