Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/222/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile Hi from Kentucky

Hi from Kentucky!

My name is lizzie, I am 24, and I have been overweight for as long as I can remember. Im 5'10" and currently at 222. My goal is to lose 72 pounds which puts me at about 150. I have been dieting since high school and so far I have never been less than 200.

I have a big problem with cravings. It seems every time I try to calorie count or diet I lose track, end up feeling guilty if I enjoy food, and get depressed really easily about not enjoying food. I have tried weight watchers in the past and it was why I was down to 200. It does really work, but it got so expensive to go to the meetings. So, I decided I might join this forum, which has some really great members and expert advice from people who have also struggled with their weight. And, I will continue to use my weight watchers materials since its really the only diet that I can do for long periods of time without feeling, well, starving!

Hope everyone has had a good day....
Lizzie
lizziek24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

I did weight watchers for a long time as well...it really does work and it helps because you can have a cookie every so often and not feel guilty for doing so. I wish you the best of luck and Welcome!
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:13 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Lizzie -

We have a lot of members who do the Weight Watchers program without going to meetings, for various reasons, and use the forums here for support. Have you found our WW forums yet? We have areas for those on the Flex or Core programs, and tons of people posting recipes and ideas. Head on over!

You may also want to visit the 100 lb club, a group of women who are losing or have lost around 100 lbs or more, or the 20-somethings, a group of people in their 20's.

There are plenty of places to explore, so settle in and look around. Post and read. I'm glad you found us and can't wait to hear more from you!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:32 AM   #4  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi lizzie!!! from another in KY! Not from here but transplanted here via the Army and my husband! hehehe

Hope you find the right corner of 3FC to suit your needs. I enjoy the others here and have made some friends in the short time I've been here! So join right in!

I see that you are in college and graduating soon to be a Teacher! that is awesome....my Daughter is in her freshman year for her Teaching Certificate (she wants to teach 3rd or 4th grade), Hubby is going to school at night for History/Social Studies Teaching, my oldest son is in his 3rd year for Home Economics HS level Teaching and I work as an assistant in a MS special needs room! There are several other teachers on here as well!
DMPLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:33 AM   #5  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hi neighbor I am from KY also. My daughter will graduate from U.K. this May Good Luck in your weight loss

Last edited by Dumplin; 03-02-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/222/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile Thanks

Glad to meet all of you and thanks for the advice on the groups. Good to know there are fellow Kentuckians, Dumplin.

Thanks Everybody!
lizziek24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #7  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi and Welcome to 3FC!!!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote