Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default Let me re-introduce myself.

Get comfy. This is a long story.

It's been over a year since I last posted, so I think I should re-introduce myself. I've been lurking since my last post. I've been so bummed out over regaining all the weight I lost a few years ago that I felt I didn't have much to offer in the way of support or advice. I'd like to begin again, with reasonable goals, and a plan to make those goals happen. I don't have either the goals or the plan formed, but at least I am ready to try.

My story is that I've had a weight problem ever since I was a child. I was a skinny little kid, but some how in between third and forth grade I got chubby. I stayed overweight until I got very sick when I was 19 years old. I went from 140 pounds to 103 pounds. I am 5'0" tall, but still, 103 was quite small for me. I put on ten pounds by the time I finished college, then another 15 after I started working at a sedentary job. I lost all that weight, and even went below 100 pounds for a short while (due to some trying on my part and some extreme emotional distress.) I was 25 years old at the time. After that, I spent several years at a reasonable weight. I didn't eat well or exercise, but I managed to stay at an O.K. weight. About ten years ago I started a steady rise in my weight. I was over 30 then, and I just couldn't continue eating the way I had been and not exercising. By the time I started a new job I was up to 140. I changed jobs a few years later and I was up to 165. My weight topped out at 175. I got down to 133 about four years ago, then I just lost it. My boyfriend moved in with me and my healthy eating plan went out the window. I am almost back up to my highest weight. It hard to even start a new way of eating. I've been so disappointed in the past we my lack of staying power. I am very fearful that my excess weight is starting to affect my health. Diabetes runs in my family, and I think I may have the first signs. I can not confirm this with the doctor. My tests have come back within the reasonable range. I just don't feel right. That is hard to diagnose.

Anyway, one goal I can keep is to be active on this board. Even if I can't give advice, at least I can let people know that I have read their messages, and someone cares about what they have to say.

Good luck to all.
Autumn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #2  

Welcome back, I am new myself and am looking forward to getting to know you more and being supportive to help you get back on track

As far as not feeling right, our bodies can play many tricks on us. Sometimes it is purely mentally there and sometimes there is truly a physical reason. Take the step to get back on your plan for weigh loss and see if it chanbges any of the "feelings" you have. You might be amazed at the result sin a very short time frame. hang in there, you are making a huge effort just by posting here *HUG*

Last edited by PorkChopNoMore; 02-24-2008 at 09:05 PM.
PorkChopNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #3  

Talk about instant gratification! Thanks for the reply Pork Chop. I know I'll feel better once I get the junk food out of my diet. I really believe that I do not process starchy and sugary foods properly. Eating those kinds of foods just makes me more hunger. That is why I wonder about the diabetes. I get very hunger after eating sugar or starch. I think my blood sugar is rising too high, then going too low. I also sometimes have to take a nap after eating really sugary food.

Well, it is time to sign off for the night, and get my "fur" children ready for bed.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there & back!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

I'm glad that you've decided to make 3FC a regular part of your life. Don't lurk! Pitch right in. You'll be surprised how much it helps you to help others.

With regard to the ups and downs of your weight, have you read about Glory87? She's done a fabulous job of combating that.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm so glad to see you're posting again. Welcome back.
Start making small changes in your lifestyle... they'll make a huge difference.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

glad you are back!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #8  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey I'm right there with you. Diabetes also runs in my family and at the ripe old age of 25, I'm starting to see how badly out of shape I am, and how badly I NEED to get healthy and drop this excess weight.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one re-introducing myself around here.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #9  

Default Thanks for the encouragement

I want to thank everyone who has posted a reply or read my message. It helps to know that others care. I didn't think it would be so long before I could post again, but life gets in the way of our best laid plans. I have been trying very hard to take small, positive steps towards a more healthy life. It is not just about the food I eat or getting more exercise. I am trying to clean up all the "junk" in my life. I get really down when I look around the house and see stuff that needs cleaned up or cleared out. I just sort of lose the will to try when I am surrounded by stuff that weighs me down. Today I made a positive step forward by cleaning my bedroom and bagging up items for Good Will and to throw away. I even moved my broken treadmill out to the front porch so I can get someone to haul it away. (It was not fixable.) I really feel better and more energized looking at my cleaner, more spacious room. Let's all do something positive today!

Regards to all.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #10  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Autumn, you might check out the flylady(dot)net site. Great help there for learning to declutter your house AND your life. I'm not affiliated in any way, it just really helped me, been "Fly-ing" for over 6 years, and actually is a major reason I finally got round to trying to lose the weight and learn a healthier lifestyle this year. I think the skills of building new habits successfully, taking "babysteps" as she says, really can be applied any area of your life.

Welcome back!

Cheryl
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote