Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/204/145

Height: 5'8

Default New in Southern California

Hello!

My name is Allie. I am a single mom who has always had issues with weight, emotional eating. If were happy, I ate. I were sad, I ate. I recently joined Weight Watchers and in the last three weeks have lost 3lbs. That said I need more support. I enjoy going to the gym... or if not enjoy it I recognise the benefits and hope to learn to enjoy it in time.

Unfortunatly I am doing this alone and today was a very hard day. I decided to try a pilates class and though I stuck it out and stayed till the end I cried during the first half. It hurt so much, physically yes but mostly emotionally. I was the only heavy woman (person for that matter) in the class.

Generally speaking I do not see my own weight. Oh if I see myself in the mirror I see someone with 20 or even 30lbs extra on them but I truely literally do not see a woman who is 70lbs overweight! But I saw it today and it almost crushed me. It didn't though. I was able to see my emotional reaction for what it was and not give in to the urge to give up, eat and confirm that I can't do it.

So here I am. Looking for some new friends to help me on my way with emails and chats and maybe if I get lucky a workout buddy or even a group to join so that when I have bad days (and even good ones) I have people to share them with.
celticmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm so glad you've found 3FC. Please make yourself at home. Read lots and post. We're here for you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #3  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

oh my! good for you for doing pilates...very difficult positions but none-the-less you feel the burn!!!!! I'm glad you stuck it out pass the first 1/2. I joined an all womens gym and they have a pilates class. i just might join the class one day since your post is so motivating. i'm new here too! hope we can see each other through this journey! im sure you'll find this community to be very motivating. keep in touch.
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #4  

Thanks! The pilates class felt good actually, the burn and shaking muscles sucked. But the tears were what sucked the most. I belong to a gym called LAFitness. I figure I will get a weightloss journal going on here since I am not sure where to post my thoughts, acheivements, goals and such.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Allie, I can relate to so much of what you said.
Being the biggest person in my yoga class... eating when sad and happy... not recognizing "me" in the mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmommie View Post
or if not enjoy it I recognise the benefits and hope to learn to enjoy it in time.
That's good. It's something I have to remind myself of. I don't have to enjoy it. I don't enjoy brushing my teeth, either, but I do it because I benefit from it.

Don't you give up, girl. So many people are sitting at home doing nothing, but you did pilates!
And please keep posting... you'll make some wonderful friends here.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #6  

I am so glad someone else understands about eating when happy and sad... and about how the woman I know myself to be isn't the one that my body is shaped like. Sunday's are the one day my gym does not have the daycare open so I am going to have to get creative to kick up a little bit of cardio but I will do it! The weather is going to be very nice, perhaps I will take my 3 year old on a nice long walk.

Where do I get one of those trackers please?
Old 02-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Here's a cut'n'paste from one of the forum announcement threads ...
Due to forum spam, new members cannot use the signature option. This will be available after 30 days AND at least 30 posts.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we've had to tighten it a little more due to more problems.

Hang in with us! 30 days or 30 posts will go by in no time.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote