Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/226/165

Height: 5'10"

Cool I'm new and I want to make friends

Hi everybody,

So I'm new to posting, but I've been lurking for a while. From what I've seen, I can't imagine a more supportive group with better advice. Here's a little bit about me: I'm 21, and I recently moved to Portland, OR with my boyfriend, Mark. My weight has been a problem for me all my life, and that's probably all I have to say in order for every one of you to understand what I've been through. I weighed 200lbs by the time I got to high school, and after four years of starvation diets and binges, I weighed 242 lbs when I graduated. I went to college, thinking that I would be a whole new me. I think I was the only one surprised when I was still the same fat girl.

After three months living in the dorms, my friend Kristen and I started going to the gym together--a lot. She helped me get over my terrible fear of gyms, and by working out together we both stuck with an exercise routine. Over the course of a year and a half I lost 92 lbs, reaching my goal weight of 150 lbs at the end of summer 2006. I stayed there for a whopping eight days.

2007 was a year of heartbreak, fighting with my dad, and depression (which I've always had), and I gained back 67 lbs of what I had lost. Now I live with my boyfriend, who is usually supportive but sometimes clueless. Mostly he's just worried about my boobs shrinking I think! I've lost 11 lbs and I feel like I'm doing well. The second time around, once I got over the fact that yes, I regained weight and yes, it sucks not being skinny anymore, has been easier than the first go-round. I'm trying to look at my "failure" as a learning experience, and I KNOW that I'm a better person now than I was last year. And that's really my goal in life--to be better and happier each year than the year before.

I think I'll get myself a blog and start here that way. Hello to everyone!
KendraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello KendraLynn & welcome to 3FC! You are in the right place. What are your plans for loosing your weight?

Good luck and keep posting
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

We're so happy you joined us and don't be a stranger! Post often and make new friends.
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #4  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, welcome!

Do you have a food plan? Exercise plan? You've lost 11 pounds so far--good for you! ANY loss is such a great accomplishment!

There are a ton of great support groups here at 3FC. I'm sure you'll find some place that makes you feel right at home!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/226/165

Height: 5'10"

My plan is pretty loose. At one time it was counting calories, which means that I know the calories in pretty much all the stuff that I eat on a regular basis, which is good for reference even though I don't count anymore. My plan is basically eat a lot of good food and not very much unhealthy food. Exercise as much as possible, but only to the point that I don't get bored or burned out. This usually equates to 40 mins on the treadmill every other day for now, and I'll add in weight lifting a little later when I'm more in the habit of going to the gym.

Most of all, my plan is not to binge and not to starve myself. And even more than that, it is not to do one and then the other over and over again. I think about fat grams and saturated fat and cholesterol and whole grains and lean protein, so those get incorporated as much as I can. I don't think about sodium too much because that's one thing I find very limiting, and I figure that if I'm thinking about all the other things, my sodium levels can't be TOO bad, right?

My plan is pretty much of my own devising, and it changes from time to time. I'm trying to find the perfect way of eating for me that promotes weight loss but isn't a diet.
KendraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Kendra -

Have you seen the chicks in control forum yet? Lots of folks who struggle with binge eating or other food control issues post there. You may want to head over. The "Whole Foods Lifestyle" forum might also work well, given your focus on eating good foods without necessarily counting.

Post wherever you feel most comfortable, and settle in. Congrats on your losses so far...can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Kendra! This is a great place for support! Everyone is so nice and are here to help!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:44 PM   #8  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Congratulations on not giving up! We look forward to hearing more from you!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi, Kendra!
Welcome!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote