Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/155/130

Height: 5'5

Post 3FC Newbie

I'm a newbie to 3FC, but I've been dieting for over 30 years. After years of struggling to maintain my weight, my thyroid went haywire and I gained 40 pounds. After a year of diet and heavy workouts I lost 21 pounds... and got pregnant! So, after the baby was born, I ended up with about 50 pounds to lose. I'm 24 pounds down, with 25 to go. I'm doing WW (again) because it's worked for me in the past. However, I'm struggling with my motivation. I'm a small business owner who works from home while watching my two year old son. Needless to say, I'm exhausted all the time! Being tired is killing my diet. I would really love to hear any suggestions any of you may have to get around this problem! I'm really hoping that by joining 3FC, I will get the support I need to get this weight off FOR THE LAST TIME!
VA Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:28 AM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and good luck! I have the same problem about being too tired to worry about my diet...It's hard, but with the support of the lovely ladies here it has been possible for me so far Hope to see you around!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:55 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I enjoy the WW program It's working so far!

I'm sorry that you're so tired all the time, but just remember that your overall health (including getting enough sleep & rest) is important to not only you, but to your son as well.

Best of luck!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

, VA Gal!

Being tired and under stress really can put a crimp in your weight loss efforts. I can definitely relate - I had a small business (which unfortunately ended up not pulling in enough money for me to live) and had to do a whole lot to keep it going. All the stress was my excuse for not losing weight.

I have a few suggestions:
I'm not going to say "get a good night's rest" because that might be difficult.
However, on days when you really need to be revved up, I recommend energy drinks. Zero Carb Rock Star has been my favorite. It will keep you going for a good five hours and you will get a whole lot done. Just a thought And since it's zero carb/diet, it won't make you gain weight.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/155/130

Height: 5'5

Default Thanks for your support!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Seeing how much weight you've each lost is very inspiring!

And thank you for the tip about Rock Star! I'll have to look for that. I can use all energy I can get!
VA Gal is offline   Reply With Quote