Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #1  
cheri5

S/C/G: 235/235/135

Height: 5ft.2

Thumbs up Need an online buddy support

Well this looked like the place for me...I now weigh more than i ever have in my entire life of 50 years,,,and just said enough is enough, I have a father fighting for his life due to Diabetes, and heart disease, if i don't change now i will be just like him.....help....I have decided to try the weight watchers approach, would like to hear from some of you who have tried this way of eating...I really need a lifestyle change not a diet.....Thanks for the support and look forward to making some new friends....cheri
cheri5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Cheri!

Have you seen our Weight Watchers forum? We have areas for both Core and Flex programs, so you can choose where you'd like to settle in and get to chatting.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Otherwise, just settle in and post wherever you'd like...can't wait to get to know you better soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:47 PM   #3  
My soul will smile again

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Cheri!
ScorpioSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Charie, I'm a nurse and i've seen the results of Diabetes and it's devistating. I am glad to hear that you are determined to do something with the weight and prevent that. WW is a very good diet, I hope you do well on it. I am part of a group of very supportive ladies on the 50+ board, called the Golden Girls. Why don't you come over and check us out.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 AM   #5  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Cheri! I'm new here, as well! I've lost my 65 "extra" pounds (over about 9-12 months), and kept it off about a year. My father-in-law is also in the hospital right now due to diabetic complications (slowly improving, hoorah!). Two of my grandparents had diabetes. I'm so happy that this scary glimpse into "what may be" has become the same wake up call for you as it has been for me. I never want my husband to have to experience the difficulties that my poor mom-in-law is going through now, and that my Grandma had to fight against with my Grandpa, the combination of fear and frustration that only occurs when a loved one is causing him/herself harm by ignoring health problems. Good luck, keep posting, and hang onto hope for your Dad.
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Hi Cheri! I'm on the weight watchers flex plan but I'm doing it at home. Good luck...hope to talk to ya soon!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote