Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Default hello. new here.

Hi! I'm new here. I found this place when googling for "prednisone + weight loss," so yeah, I'm on prednisone and gained a huge percentage of body weight. I was in great shape a year and a half ago, about 140 pounds but fairly lean and exercising a lot, able to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, and this last bit has gotten me into trouble when I started prednisone and should've been watching it. The pred. also messed with my moods and I was so depressed that I really didn't even care, so that was part of it too. Then I bloated a lot in the middle and couldn't exercise because my back hurt and my abdominal muscles had gone to heck.

Long story short: I went from a healthy 140 to an unhealthy 210, most of the weight in my abdomen (and I used to gain mostly in my thighs/butt area, so it's a huge shape change, not just me sort of inflating).

Just a week ago I decided something needs to change. Even though I'd been walking and lifting weights regularly, no weight was coming off and I just decided to take a big step for me and stop drinking so many calories. I used to drink way too much soda and I just stopped, so that's probably a lot of calories less that I consume in a day. I spent winter break at my parents' and that was disastrous to say the least.

But anyway, I'll stop rambling. Good to be here, seems like a nice place.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #2  
ur gettin' schooled, son.

S/C/G: 164/157/143

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I have no experience with prednisone, but other people here do. That's quite an increase... 70 pounds. Sorry to hear, but you can turn that around here!
Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote