Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210.6/181.0/155

Height: 5'6"

Default New From Texas

Hi! My name is Sarah. I'm from Midland, TX. I just joined this forum and Weight Watchers last week. This past week I lost 6.6 lbs. I know it won't be that great every week. Does anyone have any suggestions on staying motivated? That's probably my biggest downfall. I get discouraged easily with things like this. Anyways, it looks like I'm really going to enjoy this site.
sarahatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SARAH ~ you are already off to a great start; six pounds is a lot for one week. Yes, that will slow a bit; a 1-2 lb loss per week is recommended by most experts.

MOTIVATION ~ well, losing the weight in itself is a good one; as is getting and feeling healthier; think of all the nice, cute clothes you can buy; losing weight brings a new kind of confidence with it; a kind of peace, I think (for me, anyways). I just have much more energy than I had before; I can do more now, and that encourages me to try even harder.

And Yes, you will like it here; we have a Weight Watchers group here, and the people are friendly and supportive too. Hope to see you around ...

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-18-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:50 AM   #3  
Smartypants

Hi Sarah! Spring, TX here Woo Hoo! Congrats on your 6.6 lbs in the last week, my loss has been 6.8 how weird is that!! Just keep in mind that was most likely water, but it still counts LOL. When your fat starts to come off, that will subside, but you can still expect steady weight loss. Just remember: calories burned more than calories consumed = success.

This is such an awesome site and the ladies here are truly truly amazing. Motivation wise, rosebud is absolutely correct; I lurk on the WW board and those ladies are so wonderfully supportive, you will love it. If you would like a quick list of 100 motivations I reposted an old thread tonight here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131696

Again, welcome!!! So happy to have you here, best of luck on your journey, and looking forward to getting to know ya!
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote