Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #1  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Default New here...

First name: Misty

Geographical location: San Diego, CA

Marital Status: I live with my bf of almost 2 years (in Feb)

Children/Ages: None, YET!

Pets: A dwarf hamster named Tasha

Hobbies/Interests: Reading when I have time, music, movies, the beach; I love concerts and museums!

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Mahogany (naturally blonde)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today

Starting Weight: 320

Present Weight: 320

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding time to exercise and portion control. Between work and school I have ZERO time. Before I went back to school, my bf and I used to walk 2-4 miles 4 times a week at the beach, but that has stopped b/c of my schedule. I miss it! It was exercise, but it refreshed and revitalized me from my day at work!

Following any specific plan: I plan on trying calorie switching with a reduced calorie intake. I have been reading that it helps boost your metabolism b/c your body never has a chance to get used to your eating habits.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to start thinking about starting a family and I know it would be better for me and the baby to be at a healthy weight. My desire to start a family is a great motivation! I have less time and I am not as young as I have been when I have lost weight in the past, so I am going to have to work at it, but I know it is worth it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Last night while at Urgent Care for a horrible cough, the medical assistant asked to weigh me. I have been avoiding a scale for months now after noticing more and more of my clothes getting too small. I asked not to be weighed, but she insisted. When I kept seeing the notches go higher and higher, I was shocked. I weigh the most I ever have! I have an amazing bf that loves me no matter what and I think I started to believe that I could let my weight get out of control because of that. We have both gained weight in this relationship. I am less active than when I met him and he eats more (LOL), because he lived bachelor-style and I cook.
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Misty! I hope this journey is the last one you have to take down this road. I am 27 and have three kids. I also found it easy to let your weight slip once you feel comfortable in a relationship, and here I am! My hubby is doing this with me...will your b/f be helping you too? It makes a big difference for me! I wish you the best of luck in your success!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #3  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Yes, he is. Even if he didn't want to, he wouldn't have a choice, I make the grocery list, menu and do the cooking! HAHA! Luckily, he is a willing participant though. Last night he told me he refuses to buy new pants, right now he wears them unbuttoned. We can do this together!

Thanks for the encouragement!
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote