Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 PM   #1  

Unhappy Yep, I'm New... HELP!!

Hey ya'll. I'm Renee, 31 yrs young, mom of 3 monkeys and wife to a firefighter living in Northern CA. I am diving into weightloss 100% this time. I am MISERABLE! I am 5'2' and 187lbs. YIKES! I am not only disgusted with what I see in the mirrow but I'm uncomfortable in my clothes, I have heartburn for the first time ever in my life and I just feel like a fat slob! I don't like feeling like this!! My husband says he loves me reguardless but I feel bad for him. Being a firefighter he's in EXCELLENT shape and the way I feel right now it's like people look at us together and think "what is that hot guy doing with the fat chick"!!! Therefore I never go out anymore! I am hoping to find a ton of support here and hope the fact that I have to be accountable for my actions and weight loss here to ya'll will help me! I've already started trying to eat better but I need SO MANY wise words and suggestions on what to do to stay motivated!!!!!
Thanks in advance ya'll!
Renee
MonkeyKisses76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:35 AM   #2  

Good luck. I am new here too. In time I hope to be posting my before and after picks in the goals met gallery. Everyone there is completely inspiring and admirable for their achievements. I hope to see you there.
onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Well, well, well, I,too am 5ft2 and also weih 187 pounds!!! See there are at least two of us! My name is RubyJan and I live in London England, have no children, and am determined to make 2008 my year to llose 40 pounds. Lets join forces!
I am thinking of joining Weigth Watchers this week, but also OA as well. Maybe that it too much, but I know I am going to need lots of support.
What diets have you tried, or is this your first time out?
Best RubyJ.
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome to you all. As onion pointed out, there's lots to help and encourage you here at 3FC.

Here's the WW forum http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

And the OA forum http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

However, make yourselves at home. Read, post any old where ... and if there's anything we can do for you, just ask.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/192/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Being a firefighter he's in EXCELLENT shape and the way I feel right now it's like people look at us together and think "what is that hot guy doing with the fat chick"!!! Therefore I never go out anymore!
So inadvertently you end up punishing your husband for your weight. I'm not trying to be harsh, but I've gone though the same kind of feelings.
You can do it if you really want to, I think the hardest part is getting started. It's especially difficult to be fat in live in California (been there done that).

I really think the thought that helped me the most was to list my worst foods and then develop an attitude against them, which was I don't eat that crap.
Anytime I thought about it I just reminded myself "I don't eat that crap".
So far so good, and I'm down over 20 pounds with 35 to go.
Pick your method and then get to know others here that have and are using the same method you are for weight loss. You are not alone anymore.
surrealchereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #6  

Hey RubyJan!! It DOES help that there's someone else out there JUST like me! lol Why do you have to be so far away? I haven't started any programs nor do I plan on it. With 3 kids it's just not in the budget. I have all of YOU though and I know it will help! I'm doing the old fashion eat right and exercise. I stopped eating 2 hours before my bedtime. I exercise twice a day 6 times a week and I drink a ton of water. I've lost 5 pounds of pure bloat in the last 4 days and I hope it stays off!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #7  

[QUOTE=surrealchereal;1973193]So inadvertently you end up punishing your husband for your weight. I'm not trying to be harsh, but I've gone though the same kind of feelings.
You can do it if you really want to, I think the hardest part is getting started. It's especially difficult to be fat in live in California (been there done that).

Yep! You're right! It doesn't seem so bad in the Winter because we both just love staying on and snuggling but I notice when he mentions going to a buddies house for dinner I cringe! I KNOW I can do it and 2008 is going to be my year! I am determined to be in my bikini on the river this Summer!!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257.5/174.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Renee, welcome, and congratulations on your commitment to make it to your weightloss goal. This is a great forum, just reading how others have done it, and looking at before and afters is a great motivator. try taking it one day at a time, set mini goals such as 10% of your starting weight as a goal(just a suggestion), and before you know it one week turns into a month two three and so on.. then it just becomes a new way of life and not so much a diet. I know exactly how you feel when you say you are uncomfortable in your own clothes, for me, i was uncomfortable in my own skin! I avoided going to outings where i might "run into someone I knew" for fear of what they might think of me, but as a mom of three children, it gets kind of difficult, as kids dont understand why they cant go somewhere, where all the other kids are going. They say not to lose weight for anyone but yourself, but i think i actually started my journey for my kids, and mabey have stuck with it so long for myself. i also could not afford to do a specific plan, so i did a lot of research on the internet, and came up with a calorie counting plan that i could live with, there are also lots of great recipes, and menu ideas on this site. I have managed to rid myself of 83 pounds so far, with another 20 to go, (255 lbs to 172) and believe me, if I can do it, anyone can! I wish you success in your journey, YOU CAN DO IT!
fabat45 is offline   Reply With Quote