Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7''

Default Where to start? :(

Hello,

I am new here too. My name is Ease. I have been chubby all my life but in the last two years I moved out from my parents' house and I gained 60lb!!

So now I think I need to lose at least 100lb. Everytime I try to diet I gain more weight, and I don't know where to start. I also eat whenever I feel bored...

I bought exercise DVDs, I paid more than I can afford in jenny craig, and I only kept on gaining weight

Any help?
Ease
ease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Ease. You have to realize that being overweight may result in death. Isn't that enough motivation to lose the weight?
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

ease, no matter what program you follow you need to stay on plan to see results. I found,for me that calorie counting is the best for me and calorie counting will cost you nothing. It is flexible, non restrictive and pretty easy to follow. You do need to plan ahead but wasn't it not planning that caused the pounds to pile on ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7''

You are right FoodObssesed. Being overweight can cause death. The last time I visited my doctor (2 weeks ago) she told me I am getting high blood pressure mainly because of the weight I gained.

I think bargoo is right. I need a plan. I am a graduate student and I just keep on eating any junk I find infront of me at school. (Free pizza, free cookies, free brownies ....etc). This is awfull because even if I don't bring money with me to work, I can still eat junk.

I will try to stick to 1500 calorie/day and bring carrot sticks to work. I hope to find results soon
ease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

I agree with the others. You need a plan. I know how tough it is to be a student and resist all the free food. You have to make the commitment to lose weight and take control of your life. Imagine how wonderful you will feel and look when you get your bmi in a healthy range. The first stage is admitting you have a problem and the second is doing something about it. You can do this! Make mini-goals for yourself and don't weigh yourself more than once a week. Gauge your progress by how your clothes feel. Good luck!
thunderbegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #6  
in F major

S/C/G: 278/223/178

Height: 6'

Hi ease,

Being at University is a very common situation for people to gain weight in, but I found that generally being a student is a good way to approach weight loss. I try to think about my own health like it's just another course I'm taking. I do research, I give myself assignments (mini goals) and I measure my progress.

For me, the most influential aspect of getting healthier is making sure I have the right mind set.

Good luck!
Tharmony is offline   Reply With Quote