Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #1  
Lolla

S/C/G: 193/193/150

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default New but not shiny new

Hi Everybody,

I joined a few months ago and posted on others threads, just as I did yesterday as I guess I wasn't ready to put myself out there to everyone yet. I woke up this morning and decided it was time.

I am 5'6 1/2 and this morning I weighed 179. I was at 182 then 169 and now back up to 179. My normal weight before children was between 130 and 135. Yep I'm loving those extra 45 or so pounds just like everyone else. Time to lose them.

I want to get in shape, start eating healthier and get back to the sports that I love and the me that I love. I truly don't love me right now and it is hard to look in the mirror at the legs that used to be rock hard and the arms that didn't flap when I waved.

I am not sure what diet to follow or where to begin. I have begun so many times and have not been successful that I am looking for outside suggestions. I almost bought an online video and diet yesterday, but managed to avoid the temptation as I still have my barely used bowflex downstairs from many birthdays ago!

Cheers to everyone here and happy holidays. I am looking forward to finding the me I am looking for with the rest of you.

L-
Lollapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:08 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

back, LOLLA ~ many people here know how you feel; go look at the plans in DIET CENTRAL, one may interest you. Keep looking until you find one that fits YOU! Too bad that bow flex is just collecting dust; but you could also just start walking too! GOOD LUCK; and stick around, cuz there are lots of nice, supportive people here. ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #3  
Lolla

S/C/G: 193/193/150

Height: 5'6 1/2

Talking Looking to lose my can can

Rosebud:

Thanks for the encouragement. I am going to check out the diet central. The walking is a good idea and I was walking the dog a lot but have found excuses to stop doing so recently. Today's is the windchill factor is about -11. I work from home so I really do need to just start taking my lunch to exercise as my behind is growing to meet my chair size.

My husband just joined the volunteer fire department in the community we just recently moved to so he is going to join me in my weight loss effort and possibly workout. We shall see. His schedule with work, school and calls will probably be fairly hectic. I am researching our options and then hitting the grocery store probably this afternoon. I am searching the blog for buddies to lose it with so all who enter and are looking for a motivator buddy, let me know!

Anyay just a hi to all in the blogging world.

L-
Lollapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote