Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #1  
worth the weight

S/C/G: 187/178/130

Height: 5'1

Red face Worth the weight

Hello all,

Came to say hello and share a little issue I am having. I am a 24 year old law student from MN. School gives me very little time to shop/cook/work out/ sleep/ etc. Since college I have maintained an unhealthy weight.

I recently started an Optifast diet. It is a six week all liquid diet. It is difficult but in all the ways I never would have guessed. I am here because I need a little daily support from other people. I have been on the program for a week and a half and lost 5 lbs

My biggest issue right now is this program has you consume a shake once every three hours. That process is making me constantly think about my weight. I am always reminded of it. My body image is even worse then when I started... It is weird since I am losing weight.
velsmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 126/119/100

Height: 4'10

Hi Velsmore! I'm new to this forum also and I think we're about the same age...I'm 24 and beginning a master's program while working full-time. I'm sure its not as rigorous as law school but I can understand your time constraints! I am attempting to follow the South Beach diet so our plans are a little different. However, I agree that anytime you're on a diet it makes you think about food and the way you look ALL THE TIME. I have struggled with my own body image for as long as I can remember. Maybe once we can see some significant change we'll start to think about ourselves differently. Hang in there...You've made it a week and a half!
MandyCKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Velsmore and MandyCKnight - to the both of you!

MandyC - Have you found our SB forums yet? Lots of great ideas there!

Velsmore - best of luck to you on Optifast! Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote