Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0

Default Hi

I was a bit reluctant to sign up but after looking around I felt compelled to. I have had a weight problem since I was little girl. I was able to get my weight under control and maintain it in high school and first part of college until I met my husband. He would eat out a lot and have larger portions and I fell right back into weight issues ~ by eating take out and larger portions than I should have. Also I have very high stress + anxiety with a lot of misfortune in my life that took place to get to where I am now. I have been in denial for a while about my weight trying to wish it away or who knows what but I've gotten to the point where I'm worried that I will have a heart attack like my father and die young and he wasn't even over weight. So I'm really freaking out and I hope I can get over this hurdle and make some friends in the process. I used to be really social and outgoing and now I fear to leave the house cause I hate the way I look. I feel depressed and constantly unhappy and lethargic. I'd like to make a lifestyle change and continue to keep this up and have the motivation and I think this forum will be a great place for me.
MiaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi MiaM, and

You can DEFINITELY get this under control. A lot of us have anxiety issues (myself included) that manifest in fears about our weight and health. It is such a liberating feeling to take care of yourself...it is hard at first, because you're not used to it, but it can make a world of difference in how you feel.

You may want to check out the Depression and Anxiety areas in the "Dieting with Obstacles" forum - there are lots of discussions about the particular challenges that anxiety poses to weight loss there.

Can't wait to get to know you better...keep posting!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Mia Welcome and good luck!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote