Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 284/220/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie! Need some encouragement!

Hi there. I am a "newbie" and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Darla, I am a SAHM of 4 and do childcare in my home. I have been working on weightloss since Aug of 2006 and was doing great until this Sept when I had to have thyroid surgery. I had lost a total of 50 lbs but now I am up about 10-15 from that and struggling to try to get it back off and keep going on my goals. I still have another 75 more I want to lose and am getting really frustrated. Hope I can find some help and encouragement here with you guys. Glad to be on the board.

Darla
DarlaLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #2  

I have a thyroid disease that has totally messed up my body and metabolism. The doc's want me to remove my thyroid. Are you glad you've had that surgery?
losingleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 284/220/160

Height: 5'3"

Leslie,
good to hear I am not alone. Honestly, I lost weight better WITH my thyroid in, messed up as it was, but I had to have it out as it was seriously sick and growing daily (right side was out of control - but no cancer). The surgery itself was not too awful, the recovery part was tough and I am 3 months out and finally feeling ok again if I could get my numbers to level out, my TSH just jumped up to 24.9 all of a sudden and we don't know why. Now I am struggling to lose one or two lbs then they creep back on and then I lose and they come back. I refuse to regain the 50 I've lost and worked a whole year for but am struggling big time - my Dr says it will come around?? Who knows. If you don't absolutley HAVE to have it out, I wouldn't do it. Be sure to get a 2nd opinion if you can .... feel free to ask any ??'s though, I will be happy to answer what I can.
Darla
DarlaLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:28 PM   #4  

Darla,
I have been trying to avoid the surgery. The doc I go to is getting a bit irritated with my decision. As long as I take the med my levels are normal. The med I take probably should not be take for more than 2 yrs (I taken it for 3) Cannot radiate my thyroid because I also had the thyroid eye disease. Anyway, I will figure it out. I really want my body to get back to normal with the weight issues. Nothing is easy and I no that getting back with good eating habits will make me feel better!
Leslie
losingleslie is offline   Reply With Quote