Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #1  
Gwen

S/C/G: 234/ticker/150

Height: 5'7.5

Arrow Hi! New from Chicago!

So, I have been wanting to lose weight for a long time now. Was at my largest in 05 a 230 size 16. Was able to lose 40 lbs with diet alone in 10 months to a size 12. I hate exercise. With a passion.
I got pregnant with my Son in May of 07. I gained 50 lbs. I lost 30 within 2 months but have gained ten back.
SOOOOOOOOO. Here I am. Back where I was before. At 230 lbs size 20 (my body is just different from bearing my Son). The thing is, is that I am fortunate enough to be at home with both of my kids now and the temptation is as horrid as ever. I have a 12.5 yr old daughter that is very active and a super slim husband that "loves me just the way that I am". I buy stuff for them, but, find myself indulging as well.
I feel as if no one understands my struggle. I am hoping that I can find help, support, and understanding here.
I am excited and nervous at the same time.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone...
Gwen
Gwen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #2  

Gwen
I am also in Chicago. I am sure you will find the support and understanding that you need here, I know I have.
We can do this!!! Yay us
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

!!!! It can be tough being tempted all day long, but maybe to ease that temptation you don't have to "buy stuff for them". Maybe they enjoy eating some healthier treats too! Or have a snack prepared to eat at the same time as them.

It will be challenging, but small changes can add up to huge losses. You CAN do this! Best of luck and keep posting
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Gwen -

People who are trying to lose weight do need to think about nutrition, but so do people of healthy weights! Nutrition isn't solely related to weight loss - just having a small number on the scale doesn't mean you're getting adequate nutrition for your body. So, in my opinion, there is no need for you to "buy things for them" that are junky. One suggestion might be to sit everyone down and say "I'd like to work on eating more healthy foods in the home. If you want a snack food that isn't here at the house, you can buy a single serving of it, but I'd prefer it if you didn't bring home a whole package. I want us all to eat more healthfully together!" You're not depriving anyone - they can still eat junk if they so choose - but you're limiting your own access by telling them to buy single servings. In addition, you're putting the focus on nutrition, which will be valuable for your whole family, rather than on weight loss.

Anyway, I'm glad you've joined us. Settle in and keep posting - can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote