Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 284/284/200

Height: 5'3"

Red face 21 years old, fat, and happy, but worried!

Hello everyone! My name is Barb, I'm 21 years old, from Columbus, Ohio, and I weigh 284 pounds. I'm 5'3", I have a cat, a dog, and am in a long term relationship. I'm am VERY happy with my life. The only thing I want to change is my weight. I recently had a health risk assessment done for health insurance, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that my blood work was in normal range except for in one area (my triglycerides were 3 points about the normal range). However, I realize that if I keep eating the way I do and living such a sedentary lifestyle that these stats will not stay as they are. So I'm making efforts to improve my health. Over the past months I have made some changes that have made me feel better, but have not resulted in any actual loss.

I work full time at a restaurant called Culver's. I am a part-time nursing student. My AIM and Yahoo! ids are on my profile, and I use that Yahoo! email. Feel free to contact me! I am as excited about supporting as I am about being supported! Have a fabulous week everyone!!!

Last edited by idunno3886; 12-03-2007 at 05:13 PM.
idunno3886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #2  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Hi Barb! Welcome to 3fc - keep coming back to keep us updated on how weightloss goes for you. I'm 23 and I've found it to be a pretty supportive place - ya might want to check out the 100 lb forum -- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55 there's also a 20-something forum... good to check out.

take care
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I wish I'd lost my weight at 21! My goal is to hit goal by next year. I don't want to go into my 30's at this size!

Good luck hon, I added you to my aim, so hopefully we can be weightloss buddies!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

I felt the same way about weight loss. I "pass" with flying colors, but I don't want to get to a point where it becomes an issue. So, if losing weight will reduce the risk, then that's what I'm doing! Best of luck to you!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/219/135

Height: 5'5

Hi I am new too. That's great that you have such a positive attitude.
RosiePosie81 is offline   Reply With Quote