Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #1  

Default i definetly need to be here!

hi!
im A. I dont want to tell my full name just yet. Ive been lurking on this site for about a year now...and i finally joined. I am getting married next october..and over the past year i have put on 30 lbs. I was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis..an inflamatory bowel disease (which maybe why i put on so much weight)
either way - i need to gethealthy and i have a year to do it.
I am very unhappy with myself...and i find myself lost in the self control arena...i keep eating to hide my dissapointment with myself.
i really need some motivation and positivity.
thanks!

A
Heavy Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

welcome!! you've come to the right place for support!
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #3  

Hey A;
Glad you made it here. It will not be long before you want to share your name and a whole lot else about yourself. This is a great place to get support. A wedding is a great motivation, but even more than that, you need to do it for yourself. You and I have a lot in common. I am a huge emotional eater and I, too have a bowel condition. Always wanted to blame my weight on that, plus my late in life baby, plus my hysterectomy. Could not have anything to do with WHAT I put in my mouth. What diet are you going to do? I am on South Beach. Just started last week. Well, anyway, glad you are here.
batina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi A, and

I'm so glad you're here!

I lost 127 lbs in just over a year for my wedding, so I absolutely know what a great motivator it can be. But it also puts a TON of pressure on you...you have a DEADLINE to lose the weight, and you can get really discouraged if you're behind in meeting particular goals.

My advice to you is to say "I'm going to be as healthy as I possibly can up until the wedding, and what weight I've lost I'll be happy with. It was way too much pressure to say "I need to be X lbs by Y date"...making a commitment to being healthy and taking care of myself was lower-pressure, but in the end, it had the same results.

Can't wait to hear more from you soon! Keep posting!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #5  

wow! thanks ladies
i guess i am an emotional eater...i never thought of it that way - or maybe i never wanted to admit it. I am not on anydiet right now...just trying to be healthy. i was thinking about joinging weight watchers so i have to weigh in each week and i have a coworker who wants to do it with me. power in numbers - ya know!
thanks for sharing...it means a lot to know im not alone.
As for the wedding - i just want to feel good about my body. I am not so set on weighing a certian amount..im 5'8 and super muscular (or used to be). Even when i was thin my weight was 140 ish....so numbers dont scare me...its the lack of "sexy" i feel.
i dont even want to have sex....bc im embarrassed about how i look.

wow thats a lot to share
I guess i need to set some short term goal and long term goals for myself..is that the first step?
its hard too bc i live with my fiance and he eats whatever he wants...tons of junk..so the tempataion is always there. Also im in grad school fulltime and i work fulltime so i use that as an excuse to eat garbage.
ahh so overwhelming.
But...as i said - im glad im not alone. Its amazing the progress you ladies have made - congrats and i hope to share the joy with you!!!

A
Heavy Metal is offline   Reply With Quote