Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/259.2/160

Height: 5'6

Arrow Here I am - I am ready!!! (Long)

Im not new to 3fatchicks - last committed visit was July 2006 - but I am new to this journey again.

My name is Kari, I'm 26 years old, american but resides in Manitoba, canada with my canuk hubby. Since about 5th grade I have struggled with being overweight. Several times I have lost significant amounts of weight - was down 50lbs sitting at 200lbs july 2006 and then I threw it all out the door when I went back to my old ways and now I'm back to 250lbs.

My weight seriously consumes my mind and body and I am DONE letting it control my happiness. No More will I allow it to do this to me. I am a happy person but this weight is my enemy holding me back from being fully happy.

I had attended TOPS for a year when I lost the 50lbs and then I just felt like I wasnt getting what I wanted out of our group any longer. I know ultimately it is up to me - but monkey see monkey do right - and when others around me aren't motivated I felt like it would make think it was ok to let go a little.

So now I had a big melt down last week - had a huge talk with the hubby and we are really both gonna work on improving our health, losing weight, eating properly, and becoming more active.

Plus we wanna start ttc our 1st child December 2008 so I really wanna be healthy as I can be before then. I wanna look and feel cute when I'm pregant and not have people thinking "is she pregnant or just fat".

It will be 1yr. this December since I quit my nasty habit of smoking that I had held onto for 8yrs. Yay for me. I thought that I would never ever be able to quit and as many trys as it took - I finally did. Having lost 50lbs and quitting smoking - That is what gives me hope - I know that I have lost weight several times - but I haven't lost the drive to try again so I know that one of these times I'm gonna go all the way and stick with it. THIS IS THAT TIME!!!!

I am ready!

Oh yeah so my plan - well I'm not eliminating anything because that just makes me wanna binge even more.

My Plan
*No Fast Food
*Lots of Protein, veggies, and 3 fruits a day
*Flaxseed & Enzyme Pills (helps my tummy digest and stay regular)
*64oz. water a day
*Use my gym membership 5days a week
*Really limit my alcohol intake

Oh yeah and I'm going to check out some TOPS groups this week to find the one that I think will help me along this journey - hoping to find one with some young ladies my age and possibly make some friends/workout buddies.

Things to look forward to in the new year - adds to my motivation.
In June my sister is getting married and I am the matron of honor.
In August I will be turning 27 and good friends of ours are getting married.
In October it will be our 4yr. anniversary and I really wanna surprise my dh with boudoir pictures.
In December my dh will graduate from university, we will be going on vacation to New York, and as I said starting to ttc our 1st.

Wish me luck - please support me along my journey as I look forward to helping others along theirs!

And if you managed to read alll of this and not fall asleep - I challenge you to answer the following....

What is the #1 piece of advice you hold onto the most that someone else has given you?

And because it's the holidays....

What is your favorite healthy holiday recipe?
kl_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey Kari, good luck with your weight loss journey. As far as best piece of advice - plan long term. I see a lot in your post about planning to lose weight, I would challenge you to plan how to lose weight and keep the weight off forever. As you saw before when you lost 50 lbs and then gained it back, losing weight by itself is a small victory, maintaining the weight loss for a lifetime is the real ultimate goal.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hey & Looking forward to seeing you around more ^^

#1 piece of weight loss advice given frequently here is that this is a lifestyle change... this is forever. So I'd better be comfortable with how & what I'm eating, because this is how it's going to be for the rest of my life. If I'm not happy with how I'm eating & exercising while losing weight, how can I expect to stick with my habits once I've lost it all? It all boils down to enjoying my food, enjoying my exercise, and enjoying my life.

And I haven't yet been looking for healthy holiday recipes, but your question reminds me that it's about time I start!

Best of luck to you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote