Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3

Default Hi! Another introduction...

Hi, I'm Hayley. I'm 21 and I'm a senior in college. I just joined the forum yesterday because I decided that I need someone to motivate and support me. I haven't gotten on the scales yet...I'm too scared of what it will say. But I'm pretty positive I'm around 200 lbs. and I'm only 5'3. I'm hoping to get down to around 120 lbs. I've tried dieting before but I always seem to get discouraged and just go back to the way I used to eat. I just started Weight Watchers (for like the millionth time) last week. I just started walking on my moms treadmill a couple of days ago. This looks like a great site and I hope I can get the motivation and support I need. I used to rely mainly on my mom but lately she's been telling me that I'll never lose weight and I'll be fat all my life. So I'm glad to be here and hope I can get to know you guys and get the support and motivation I need! I'm sorry this is so long but a lot of times when I start talking I'll practically write a book!
Pallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #2  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hi, Haley. I have a 21 year old daughter who is a senior in college also. I know you will find all the motivation and support you will need here. It is amazing and will keep you in your positive mind set. You will lose weight if you stay on your plan and exercise. Good Luck and glad you joined the forum!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Haley,

We have a THRIVING weight watchers section here - tons of folks on the same plan as you, full of ideas, tips, and strategies.

Ultimately, the motivation has to come from within YOU. Luckily, you'll find a ton of support and encouragement to stay on plan here, which will help you to stay motivated.

Can't wait to hear more from you soon. Keep posting!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

^^
You definitely can do this. And you can do it for the rest of your life, but you have to start looking at it as forever, and not just temporary. We all have to lose the "diet" mentality.

It's hard when we don't get the support we so desperately want from our friends & family, but since you've joined WW you can get support from the group meetings, and definitely on 3FC. We're all in the same boat. We want to achieve and maintain our goals. So we're all more than willing to hand out advice and support to keep our little lifeboat afloat!

The best of luck to you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the welcome! I'm so glad this forum already! It's just been really hard lately when no one thinks I can do this. But now that I can come here I know I can do this. Thanks again for the nice welcome!
Pallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/222/140

Height: 5'6''

Default Hey Cool!

Hey cool I'm a senior in college too! And I'm in my twenties and need to lose a lotta weight too, we should talk! Welcome I'm new too by the way, and decided after my birthday that I've got to lose this weight I can't weight till New Years.
MsShes2BigShes2Thin is offline   Reply With Quote