Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #1  

Default Hello

I have been a member for a long time now, But not active.

My name is Jen, 33 SAHM to 3 kids..11,6,and 2. I have gained quite a bit of weight in the past 2 years and I am lost in myself. I am desperate for support.
cookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #2  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jen - welcome to the club! I am fairly new - although I joined up in 2003 - during a time when I knew I needed to lose weight and just didn't follow through...good news is I am following through now...I come to this site a few times a day and am starting to see familiar "faces" daily and enjoy watching everyone's progress. I hope you will be able to do the same. Welcome!
Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #3  

Thanks !!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hey & ! We're all here to help. Do you have a plan you're following? Keep posting!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day Jen it is good to see you jumped back in again, I,ve done the same thing myself I,ve gone away and come back again of and on for about 4yrs now and it is good to see that when I come back that the welcome backs are so great it is like I,ve never been away. You will get plenty of support here just jump in and post to your hearts content, there is always someone willing to give advice and help and encouragement that is what I,ve found. Good luck you can do it you just have to find yourself again and go for it, I find if I take a look at my grand kids when I,m ready to toss in the towel they give me motivation to go on and you have 3 beautiful kids to give you motivation.

Take care...JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #6  

Thanks! right now I have no plan.. I just need to jump back on the wagon as far as walking and drinking my water which help a awful lot, Its just hard because I keep falling.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

Hey cookey everyone falls down at some point the trick is not to stay down, your the only one who can pick yourself up and get on with it. Maybe make a list of all the reasons there are to stay focused and lose the weight and another list for all the reasons you can think of for keeping the weight on I bet you,ll see which list is longer. Think of some Mantra,s to put on the fridge or anywhere you will see them everyday, something like, I am worth it keep it up. or I am beautiful but I know I can be gorgeous, anything that has a positive note to it and everytime you think you are going to fall read your Mantra,s and repeat them to yourself. Go for a walk when you feel tempted just grab the kids and go around the block anything that helps take your mind off food, cravings only last for a short while and if you do something else to take your mind of them then it usually helps, If the cravings get the better of me I come here and post it helps.
Take care..
JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #8  

Great tips! Thanks for the welcomes!