Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/294/160

Height: 5'8

Default Dieting as of Thursday hopefully!!

Dieting for me as well as a lot of other women ,I'm sure, is stressful and taxing. Trying to have the will power to stick to it and not veer away from what you are trying to accomplish, for me thus far, is impossible. No matter what I do or how hard I try as soon as I get cravings for junk I go and buy it even though I don't want to, I feel like I need to!! I have a massive sweet tooth and I don't know if it is because of habit or because my body needs it?? maybe both. Anyway I wish all you ladies out there good luck as well as myself!!
Mandy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Mandy ^^ A big saying here is that we're not on diets, we're changing our lifestyles. We're all working on making small differences so that we can eat healthy & live healthy. There's nothing wrong with any particular food in moderation. That doesn't mean that everytime we want sweets or chips that we can dive for them, but every once and a while they are perfectly normal to eat. It will be tough in the beginning, but you'll find a plan to follow that will make you say "Yes, I can follow this for the rest of my life!" ^^ Best of luck to you! You CAN do this!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey - what always saved me was planning. I don't like being hungry, so I planned healthy, yummy meals/snacks about every 2 hours. I always had something on hand that I was looking forward to so I wasn't too tempted by foods that wouldn't help me lose weight and be healthy. I have a big sweet tooth too, so I ate a LOT of fruit. Probably 2-3 different kinds of fruit everyday while I was losing weight (mainly: berries, oranges, watermelon).

In my experience, you can't eat healthy by accident. If you try to wing it, you'll eventually end up starving and the closest place to eat is Coldstone creamery. I have trailmix and fruit leather in my purse at all times to fend off the unplanned hungries!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:22 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes - I cannot express enough how important PLANNING is.

If you plan your healthy snacks and meals, you won't have the opportunity to get starving and go buy junk! And there are plenty of healthy options that taste delicious out there, just waiting for you to give them a try! Like airpopped popcorn for salty/crunchy cravings, fresh honeycrisp apples for sweet cravings, and even lots of calorie controlled dessert options available for a sweet snack. Fruit is fabulous! Try grilling some pineapple, eating a big bowl of luscious berries...options are endless.

If you don't have those healthy items on hand, its impossible to reach for them when you're starving. So stock up!

Keep posting - can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote