Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'5

Default Hello All!

Hi. My name is Amy and I'm from OK. I am 29 years old and will turn 30 in Feb. I had decided when I turned 29 that I would NOT spend my thirties fat......but it's now going on Nov and I've done nothing! I am at my very top weight of about 240lbs. I am scared because before I have always managed to take some sort of pills and lose 20 or 30lbs, but for some reason I have absolutely no willpower or even the desire to swallow the pills. I have contemplated surgery but I do not have children yet. I have been married for almost 10 years and my husband and I would really like to have at least one. But I feel that I am too big to even be considering pregnancy........ I am scared for my physical health as well as my mental as the bigger I get the more depressed I get.

Amy

Last edited by AuntAmy; 10-23-2007 at 02:32 PM.
AuntAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Amy!

You have taken the first step. You're here, so and I'm glad you came!

You know, for me, the only thing that worked was making a conscious decision to CHANGE MY LIFE. Overwhelming? Of course. But ultimately, for the work I put in to change my habits and lifestyle, I got a whole TON of great returns...not just in my size and weight, but in my sleep habits, skin, muscles, mood, and blood tests/health. If you take it one step at a time, it is absolutely possible to change your entire way of relating to food and exercise, and the benefits you get in return will make you SO glad you did.

I've found that there is nothing like exercise for beating depression. Just getting out of the house and getting moving was key, for me, in managing my moods...and in time, the exercise helped my weight loss, which helped me feel better too.

What sort of plan are you following? Are you exercising?

Settle in and keep posting. This is a great place for ideas and motivation.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Hello! I am right there where you are. I have spent most of my 20's being big. I lost 50 pounds 5 years ago, but it came back with a vengeance. Now, I am 29, and I think, "Am I going to be this way for the rest of my life?" I'm there for you. I've had depression like you. IM me if you need me.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'5

Hey Sapphire I tried to send you a PM but it said I had to have a score of 10 or something...........whatever that means.....
AuntAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

It means that you need 10 posts.

Making a choice to change your entire life is the very start. Choose a plan to follow, an exercise to start. The little differences in your daily habits will soon begin to add up. Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Amy! So glad you decided to join us.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Amy, just started on here today, and this just happened to be my first post. As soon as I get 10 post (won't be hard to do), I'll send you a PM.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote