Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-21-2007, 09:13 AM   #1  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Red face Looking for serious diet buddies! :)

Hi everyone,

I am a 36 year old female from Ontario Canada and basically need to meet some support buddies to help me get back on track. In the past year or so I had lost 50 pounds, and you noticed I said "had" as in the past few months I have started to gain weight. I would love to meet some new friends that can help me get motivated again to start losing again.
I am a great listener and a loyal friend, I will stick by my diet buddy(s) for as long as they need me.
I hope to hear from you!!
Thanks for reading my post!
Shimmeringsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #2  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

Hi! I am a 34 year old married mother of 2 girls from Lexington, KY. Just recently joined up with this site. Would love any support/friends I can get!! I started at 178 (have lost 7 lbs) and my goal is 130. Gained most of my weight with my pregnancies and wasn't motivated enough until now to take it off. I have a family hx of diabetes and my girls have mentioned several times about Mommy being "fat" and I want to be a good role model for them.
Just remember, when you fall off the wagon, don't give up, just get started back again. Small changes over time will add up.
mamamona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #3  

hi ladies! i would love to have real diet buddies. i have people around me who are supportive of my efforts but its not the same as having friends who are striving toward the same goal. i'm from ohio, 28yrs old, divorced and have 1 child. i work fulltime. and like so many other woman my weight has fluctuated a lot, but i never get anywhere close to my goal weight. i'm really determined this time but could use some encouragement (and will give it too!)

Last edited by countrygirl7902; 10-21-2007 at 02:23 PM.
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #4  

hey ameen876, i'm a nurse too (LPN)
Old 10-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #5  

so if we want to have a regular thread to keep in touch, can we just pick any forum and do it? or do we have to PM? i'm new to meassage boards in general. i don't really know all the etiquette.

btw do any of you girls have yahoo messenger? if you do, my screenname is the same as on this site.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there Chickies . . . . . . you have definitely come to the right place for lots and lots of support buddies . . . there are thousands and thousands of us around here. It's a great big site so have a fun time looking around. When something catches your eye, just jump right in and start posting.

All existing groups are usually thriiled to have newbies join them. If you want to start your own special group as well, a good place would be in the SUPPORT GROUPS FORUM. Here's a link to that area of the community . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=122

And for you, in particular, SHIMMERINGSUN . . . once you get over to Support Groups be sure to take a look at our CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB and say HI to some of the rest of us from Canada.

Oh wow MAMAMONA . . . I too have a 'family history' of Diabetes . . . I started it . I've been a Type II for better than 16 years now. We have our own little spot around here, too . . . come on over and take a look at DIETING WITH OBSTACLES . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14 . . . where you'll find special groups and lots of related information for those already diagnosed and those worrying that they could be headed in that direction.

And for you, AMEEN . . . have a look in DIET CENTRAL . . . and I think you'll find some others doing Medifast and I know I'm thinking about it. Here's a link to that area . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Look forward to seeing you all in the great days to come as you travel down the long and sometimes bumpy road to better health and fitness . . .

Last edited by meowee; 10-21-2007 at 04:42 PM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well . . . sounds like you are an 'almost Canuk' . . . BTW did you see the write-up that Suzanne and Jennifer put on the main 3FC page about their Medifast trail? In case you didn't, here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet..._We_tried_it!/

In case you are wondering, I do sometimes do other stuff around here besides posting links to various spots . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #8  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the replies, I was surprised when I checked this morning that so many people had replied to my message it was great!
I am starting back on track today so seeing all these messages help out with my support. Back to the gym tonight, that will be scary
Meowee, thanks for the welcome and the suggestions that helps out alot! I wil have to check out the crazy canucks club for sure!
Ameen876 congrats on the 36 pound weight loss so far, that is great!
Mamamona and Countrygirl 7902 that would be great to start a support group, I am awful at coming up with names for groups, does anyone have any ideas?
Hope to hear from you all soon,
Stacey
Shimmeringsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #9  

Default Count me in!

Hi - this is my first time posting so I hope I do it right. I would LOVE to have some serious diet buddies! I am desperate to lose weight. I am very down in the dumps right now b/c of my weight issues. I think about it all day.

I am 5'4" weight nearly 180. I want to get down to 135ish (my pre-pregnancy weight). I'd be happy to provide motivation and encouragement to anyone who needs it. I keep trying and failing. Maybe this time it will work.
hereigoagain360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #10  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

Hey everyone. I would love to have a group that we could all get to know each other a little more. This site is wonderful but it's hard to keep up with everyone. Ameen and CountryGirl, I am also a LPN!
I have already lost 7 lbs but have about 41 more to go. Even then at 5-1 I would probably be a little "plump" but I thought I would be realistic and set a goal I could possibly maintain. I stayed at that weight a long time prior to having my two youngun's.
mamamona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone - I sure would like to join this group, I have restarted the south beach diet and need to lose 85 pounds. I am from Ontario Canada also and an nurse (RPN). I need the support to help me with my weight issue. My 43 birthday was yesterday and NOW is the time to lose this weight. I have been on this site before and it is very helpful. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Last edited by hommer; 10-23-2007 at 01:15 PM.
hommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 PM   #12  

hey girls. im the young one here i guess but i love this site & would love some real support! im 20 years old, i started off at 272 pounds imnow down to 238. i want to get to 185 by april...it gunna be hard i know. how about everyone shares some tips on what worked best for them?...anyone know any good metabolism boosters?!
KellyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:08 PM   #13  

Exclamation

wow i think we have a pretty good group here! somebody more creative than me think up a name for us and i'll start a regular thread for us in the support group forum(under miscellaneous i assume)

Last edited by countrygirl7902; 10-23-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:41 PM   #14  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hey I am looking for serious diet buddies also....and I think I am at the right place at the right time. I look forward to getting to know you all. Thanks!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #15  

Lightbulb

ok ladies, here are a couple name suggestions for our group that were given to me - what do you all think?

Future Sexy Chicks or Hot Mamas To be

i'm leaning towards the first one. any more ideas anyone?