Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #1  
Heather D

S/C/G: 254/208/130

Height: 5'5"

Default This is Exciting!

Hi,

My name is Heather and I'm new to the 3FC site. I am a 30 year old vet tech originally from Florida but now living in Michigan. I have been married to my awesome husband, Dan, for almost 8 years and for all of that time I have been very obese. After our annual trip to Florida this July, I decided that I had to do something about my weight. I joined a weight loss program here and I have lost 40.5 pounds as of Friday.

I have not been doing anything crazy or extreme just cutting calories and exercizing more than I thought humanly possible. I am looking for some buddies that know what I'm going through and that are looking to provide accountability.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Last edited by hdombos; 10-06-2007 at 10:57 PM.
hdombos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Heather, welcome to 3FC We're glad to have you with us and look forward to watching you shrink
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Hi, Heather

I am a Registered Veterinary Technician in California. Great job on your weight loss so far! I am impressed. This is my first day on the 3FC site and was happy to see another animal person. I run a high volume spay/neuter clinic for county animal services. The daily stress of working with stray and abandoned animals coupled with constant pressure from above to save money, not work overtime and to get more work done has caused me to slowly gain weight and incur multiple injuries.
I have noticed that a great number of nurses- both people and veterinary have weight problems. When people, especially women, spend the majority of their time and energy caring for others it becomes very easy to not give ourselves enough time and consideration.
This year I made a decision to give myself the same level of care I give my patients. I took care of a long term knee injury, returned to yoga, and then tackled my weight issues. I decided that I wanted to be a size 14 by my 40th birthday. I hope to be a size 12 by early next year (Christmas is too much to hope for).
I am using the LA Weight Loss program and needed some additional support so I Goggled and found this site. Not bad so far.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote