Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #1  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Kind of new and yet not!

Hello all,
I never wrote out my introduction when I joined a while back so I wanted to do it now. I figure it would be good for me to post here because A.) I really don't know anyone on the site (and would like to) and B.) I'd like some direction as to where to post because sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the subforums.

Anyway, I'm 25 and I need to drop about 60 to 70 pounds (eesh, that looks even more daunting written out.) I am a complete dieting nightmare. Southbeach was what I usually tried but for whatever reason, it doesn't work for me. I can't stick with it and generally, I suck at it. So, I have decided to just try and monitor my foods and calories and eat better while working out. I figure this will work better for me and we'll see, right?

Anyone have any suggestions as to which forum I should hang around in? I don't really fit in with the strict program-related forums and other than those, I have no idea where to head off to.

So, any suggestions or PMs are very welcome and I look forward to meeting you guys!

-Li

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 10-01-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Well, I never really stuck to one forum - just sort of posted where I landed. If you're interested in joining in particular support threads and groups, though, I can think of a couple that would work for you.

For exercise, one of my FAVORITE threads on the board is the Exercise Accountability thread...just post to keep yourself accountable for the activity you're doing, and the lovely folks will give you a pleasant kick in the rear if you ask for it.

For the way you're eating, it sounds like you're going with a loose calorie counting (from the "monitor my calories" part) with maybe a tinge of whole foods (the "eat better" part). Either of those forums would work.

Based on age, you'd also fit right in in the 20-Somethings forum, and they have their own specific challenges/etc.

Or you could do what I do...post wherever seems relevant, from the "weight loss support" to the "whole foods" to the "calorie counters" to the "20-somethings". There is too much wonderful advice out here, I think, to limit yourself to a single group.

Keep posting (wherever you decide to post) and I look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #3  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably take your lead and bounce about. Sounds like a solid way to meet a lot of people.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Thousandsunny
I have never said hello or welcome so Please read the posts and post where ever you think you have something to add. Most threads are for everyone not just a few.

For me I have been useing a salad plate instead of a lunch plate, a lunch plate instead of a dinner plate. Portions are the big thing I am working on. When the family is haveing one of my favorites for dinner I eat with them. When they are haveing something I can take or leave I eat lean cusines. Has been working for me. Will tell you one of my little secrets the weight watcher fudge bars are so yummy and low in fat. Great for a once or twice a week treat.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote