Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #1  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

Default weight loss buddy wanted

hey everyone
im not really new to this site but I havent really been sticking with my plan (calorie counting) and i thought i would give this looking for a weight loss buddy thing a try. I need someone to keep me on track and i ,in turn would of course reciprocate!
a little bit about me :im 23 and a mom of a 18 month old and a full time stepmom to a 7 year old boy, who has ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and a 3.5 year old girl who is a juvinile diabetic. I work as a residentail counsellor in a group home for adults with special needs.....so basically i spend most of my time taking care of everyone else and dont spend any time on me......and im sick of it haha, i need to start taking care of myself in order to take care of everyone, right?
Im sure i cant be the only mom/stepmom on here who has this problem
so anyone who wants to buddy up just send me a message

have a great day!
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #2  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

I'm not a mom, but I would be willing to be a "motivation buddy" if you wanted one, we have about the same amount of weight to lose. I'm a 21 year old student (single), btw. If you would rather have a mommy buddy, that's fine too, I won't take offense!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #3  
MeoW

hey misschris531
i'd love to be buddys....im not looking just specifically for mommy friends haha, i like everyone! at this site we all have the same goal - to lose weight! and id love to make as many buddys on here as i can!!!!

so what kind of plan are you doing? just portion control/moderation?
im calorie counting....it takes up alot of time though, i might try weight watchers as i did it a few years ago with success and still have all the books and tools

well i have to go watch the biggest loser as i am addicted to that show!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #4  
BLACK TEAM

Lol @ The Biggest Loser, I very conveniently have a little TV set next to my computer monitor so I can watch while I browse around the forum!

Anyways, yes, I am calorie-counting, I am using FitDay to track my calories and activity, so that would be kinda neat if we could periodically check up on each other via FitDay!

We also seem to have similar taste in tickers, hehe.

Last edited by misschris531; 09-25-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #5  
MeoW

LOL about the tickers
i wish i had a tv by my computer, but then id never have a reason to move

I used to use fitday alot but the last few months ive been dwindling, i may just start planning my day in the AM or the night before and doing it all up on fitday before i eat anything.
im also trying to drink about 2.5 liters of water a day...which is hard, especially running to the bathroom every 10 minutes to pee
as for exercize....i havent found the motivation to get up and go to the gym in the AM yet.....im really really really gonna try tomorrow, i have my gym bag packed and sitting in the middle of the living room floor

well if im going to get up at 6am to go to the gym, i better get to bed now!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #6  
BLACK TEAM

Awesome! I too aim for 2.5 litres of water a day (5 water bottles full), and I am also trying to plan my menus in advance. Right now for exercise I walk for 30 minutes every day that I don't have classes (SMWFS). My first weigh-in is Friday.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #7  
MeoW

my weigh in days used to be friday as well, maybe i will use that day also.

i actually got up this AM and went to the gym....did the elliptical for 35 mins and burned 450 cals...or so the machine said....im sure i will be tired and sore at work tonight im really really really not used to working out but i guess i better just suck it up and keep at 'er

hows your day going?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #8  
BLACK TEAM

Awesome job working out! Kudos to you for getting up super-early. You probably will be sore later today/tomorrow, but I kind of like that feeling of soreness, makes me feel like I accomplished something.

My day is going really well actually, I got up at 8, which is sleeping in for me! I baked some low-fat banana bread, it's in the oven right now and it smells DELISH! I planned my menu for today, now I just need to stick to it. It's very hot and sticky where I live and I'm dreading my 30 min walk because I hate working out in the humidity.

Is there a way to contact you other than this thread? I don't mind posting here but it might be easier to do it via instant messenger, email, or PM... or something else, I dunno.

Last edited by misschris531; 09-26-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:22 AM   #9  
MeoW

i just added you to msn
its supposed to be hot and humid here today as well....im not looking forward to that either, i just put all our summer clothes away yesterday

low fat banana bread? do you have a recipe? i like banana bread, i dont love it, but it might be easier to control myself around something i dont LOVE haha
Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 AM   #10  
BLACK TEAM

I found the original recipe here, but here's the recipe as I prepared it:

1 c. sugar
1/8 c. (4 tbsp) butter, softened
1/8 c. (4 tbsp) natural unsweetened applesauce
1-2/3 c. mashed bananas (4 small or 3 large)
1/4 c. skim milk
1/4 c. fat-free plain or vanilla yogurt
2 egg whites
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
FF cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Spray bread pan with FF cooking spray, and pour batter into pan. Cook for about 55 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Makes 12 servings.

Nutrition information per serving:
Total cals: 185
Total fat: 2.25 g
Sat fat: 1.25 g
Polyunsat fat: 0.125 g
Monounsat fat: 0.5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 3.3 g

It is a fairly dense, very moist bread. One serving is very filling too! I ate a serving with 3/4 c applesauce for breakfast and I am still full!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 253.5/250/160

Height: 5'11"

Hey Chris & Cupcake! I wanna be buddies too! I need someone to keep me in check when I am not adhering to the standard I've set forth for myself which is "the end justifies the means". I gotta start somewhere. i've been on a slow decline for a while...have a boyfriend that's been in Iraq for over a year and it's made me so reclusive and anxious...I am a nervous eater and a stress eater. I found out the other day that the company i work for has a great deal partnering with 24 hour fitness so I am going STRAIGHTAWAY monday morning to join!!!

I am anxious to get going...it's taken me 30 years to get this heavy, i want to start getting it off PRONTO...

Keep in touch....
shrinkingeveryday is offline   Reply With Quote