Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #1  

Location: Georgia, but orignially from Maine and I want to go back

S/C/G: 194/156/125-130

Height: 5'4

Talking DietGurl from GA

Hello, new here but I was so happy to find this site. My names is Shannon (I am 36) and in Dec 2005, I was diagnosis with Hodgkin's Diease (cancer), I started chemo two days after christmas and had chemo every two weeks. May 2006 was my last chemo and it has been a year and three months and I have been cancer free. YEAH!! unfortunally the steroids I was on to keep me from getting sick made me fat. Ok, I will confess half made me fat, I did the other half. So I went from 155 to 194...I started weight watchers about two weeks ago and I am down to 187. My weight goal is 125. My husband is helpful about 95% of the time unless he wants me to run to the store for something and I am craving something and shouldn't go. He keeps saying he loves me how I am, which is sweet but I want to lose weight for me. I have been staying away from my one love of all time (besides my hubsand, which I am not staying way from) Coca cola. It was hard at first and I fell off the wagon once but I am back on again.

I hope to lose enough weight to look good in a bridesmaid dress in April for my best friend Rachel's wedding. (of course you really "look good" in a bridesmaids dress if it has puffy sleeves and a big bow, which my best friend promises me it won't be)My ultimate goal is 70 pounds by the end of August of 2008 for Dragon Con, a Sci-Fi convention my husband and I have been going to for two years now. (would be three but I was sick one year).

I have no kids but three cats who are my babies. I like to write (as you can see, but can't spell), read romance novels, travel and etc etc. I have traveled alot already in Europe because I was in the Navy for 8 years (where I meet my husband). I now work at an EMS company doing ambulance billing which means alot of sitting in front of a computer and little moving around.

Well I will stop babbling on because I see a few of you have fallen asleep. Take Care...back to work...

Last edited by dietgurl; 09-21-2007 at 03:13 PM.
dietgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:43 AM   #2  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Default welcome

Glad you are here
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:51 AM   #3  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Sorry didn't I realize that there was 2 threads going.

Last edited by losinitin07; 09-24-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: left out a word
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote